PDA

View Full Version : Umpromise? How much are you getting?

dizcrazy
06-25-2004, 09:10 AM
(thanks summerrluvv for the thread on UPromise!)

I signed up because hey, every penny helps, right?

How much are you getting thru UPromise? Per month, per 6 months or per year?

Am just wondering . . .

Thanks! Chris
:earsgirl:

CMKN
06-25-2004, 10:31 AM
dizcrazy,

I have been with upromise for a little over a year now. I bought my GM car 4 months before I joined and was not able to get the $200 bonus:mad: . I have my pharmacy card and two grocery cards connected and have $76 already. I will start up a 529 once I get to $150. I was suprised to read on another thread that you can have them mail you the money without penalties!! As tempting as it is, I will leave it where it is

Disney4me04
06-25-2004, 01:13 PM
I have $4.XX but did not really pay attention or have all my stuff linked. I will be watching it more closely.

That post about buying the McDonald's GC first Then using them to pay for your food is great. I will be doing that when we go from now on.

Been a member since Jan. 2003.

psimon
06-25-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by CMKN
dizcrazy,

I have been with upromise for a little over a year now. I bought my GM car 4 months before I joined and was not able to get the $200 bonus:mad: . I have my pharmacy card and two grocery cards connected and have $76 already. I will start up a 529 once I get to $150. I was suprised to read on another thread that you can have them mail you the money without penalties!! As tempting as it is, I will leave it where it is

I have been reluctant to start any of the 529 plans because, as I read it, there are fees associated with the plans. Consequently, I figure the fees would eat up more than I would gain! Am I wrong?

Where did you see you can get the cash? Does it still have to apply to college, or do you just get a check?

Thanks...

---Paul in Southern NJ

Disney4me04
06-25-2004, 01:28 PM
Do not forget that you can order disney cards from the disney store online. Go through Upromise and get 4%. I will be buying cards now and then going and buying my Park Hopper tickets.

Can you buy DD with the Disney Cards does anyone know?

Disney4me04
06-25-2004, 01:33 PM
you just get a check. I am sure most people do not realize this and are just letting it sit there and putting it to a 529 plan.

Look at orginal thread. It tells you how to get the money.