PDA

View Full Version : clear backpacks?

irene2
06-24-2004, 04:13 PM
I'm thinking about taking a clear backpack with us this year. Has anybody tried this? Was it easier to get through security or did they make you unzip it anyway? Was it worth it? Also where were you able to find one? Thanks

hercamore
06-24-2004, 04:47 PM
Security is going to go thru your bag anyway.

DD had a clear backpack once and did not like it at all. Vinyl and hot.

Personally, I would never have once cuz I don't want people seeing "my stuff".

herc.

jacksmom
06-24-2004, 06:02 PM
We always take one! The one we have has mesh on the back, so not hot or stiff! Security has always just held it up and turned it around, but never opened! No need to though, it's see thru! I even pack my stuuf in it in ziplock baggies if I need to sepperate things! Oh yeah, I got it at Walmart for $4.88!

campingcorgi
06-24-2004, 06:07 PM
We take a clear one, too. The guy at security said it was his favorite color! I don't carry anything but snacks and drinks in there so no worries there!

irene2
06-24-2004, 06:27 PM
Thanks guys. I was thinking clear plastic so that it would'nt get wet if rained or on some of the wet rides. Does anybody know where I can get one?

dis4harley
06-24-2004, 06:30 PM
we had one in march and two times they held it up and told everyone this is the best kind of bag to have

Pooh Girl 71
06-24-2004, 09:33 PM
They have some cute clear ones with a small design on the front pocket in the girl's clothing section at K-Mart. They also have a side pocket for a water bottle. We got it for less than $8

my3princes
06-24-2004, 10:19 PM
We found mesh ones in the sporting goods section of Walmart. They were under $4 each. Haven't tried them at wdw yet, but I will be real soon :jumping1:

missydisney
06-24-2004, 10:22 PM
We took a full size clear one in December. No hold up going thru security all they had to do was look at both sides and we were on our way. Makes their job much easier and saves us time. We used a full size one as my daughter carried it and she is older. I'm sure they make small ones. WalMart would be the place to look. :sunny:

irene2
06-25-2004, 07:12 PM
Thanks everybody.

Belle0101
06-25-2004, 11:37 PM
I used a small clear bag on my last trip. Not to sound cheap but originally it was one of those bags that you get body wash, soap, lotions and such in and I kept it for taking to Disney. I only had sunscreen, extra film and some cereal bars to take in so I didn't need anything much bigger. Anyhow, I never had to open it. It made things quick and easy. I got several comments too - "makes my job easier, great idea ..." all along those lines.

That was so much easier than my son's first trip - he was still in diapers so we had to haul everything with us ... diapers, wipes, sippy cup, change of clothes...

mtblujeans
06-26-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by missydisney
We took a full size clear one in December. Did you get your full size at Walmart then? Do you remember which department?

MrsPete
06-26-2004, 01:04 PM
Personally, I think a backpack is too heavy and big to carry around the parks -- especially a hot, vinyl backpack. I'm not going to carry anything larger than a fanny pack.

These things should be widely available during back-to-school-ads should appear in July. Some schools are moving towards clear-only backpacks. I don't see this as particularly useful in schools because it's easy enough to hide things between books or inside a folded tee-shirt. Still, it allows the school to say that it's attempting to combat today's problems.

Julia M
06-26-2004, 04:16 PM
I also carry a clear plastic backpack with a mesh back.......I got mine at Walmart or Target a few years ago.

I took it to DL in June, July and Dec. last year. My bag was never searched......it was just looked at. All the CM's said they loved it.

I didn't find carrying it any worse than any other kind of backpack.

I wasn't too worried about people seeing what we had....but then again, we don't carry much.

Julia

mtblujeans
06-26-2004, 07:02 PM
I have broken my upper back in a car accident in the past. This makes it uncomfortable to carry a purse. (To carry a strap on one shoulder really does mess your back up). I use a waist bag instead of a purse at home. But, when I have alot to carry, that does not work. So, backpack is the best solution I have found as it evenly distributes weight. I just have to watch how heavy I make it. A backpack with a mesh backing up against my back sounds like a good solution. Thanks!!