PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Advise

NHmouse
06-23-2004, 07:42 AM
I have been selling some of my inventory from my former Candle business on Ebay since March. Overall it has been going spectacuarly! However, I received an email from a potential buyer of an item asking if I would ship to Canada(My auctions clearly state that I ship only to USA). I replied that I would take the item and get a shipping quote and ship to her if she won it , however, insurance would be mandatory since I was told that Delivery confirmation could not be purchased for items shipped to Canada. I proceeded to do this and shipped off the item on the afternoon of 6/1 via airmail. On 6/16 I received an email from her stating that she did not receive the item yet and what was I going to do about this. I replied that the Post office employees told me it could take 14 business days to get to the destination and to please be patient since that time had not elapsed( we also had the Reagan holiday during this peeriod.) Yesterday I received a very abrupt email from her stating that she still did not receive the item and would be filing a claim with Paypal today. I replied that I have all of the receipts for the mailing ( infact I scanned the into my computer and emailed the to her as proof) and that the insurance which was purchased was the proper way to pursue this. What should I do now? I have said that I will mail a copy of the receipts to her, I know that the package will show up it is just delayed in the mail. This seller unfortunately has a terrible record on ebay which I have just discovered with many negatives which include the same problem. She replies to these negatives using profanity and name-calling. What is your experience with Ebay and the investigation od a fradulent operator like this. I am not afraid to pursue this to the MAX!!!

Disfan1
06-23-2004, 08:26 AM
Maybe with insurance the Post Office can tell you if it was delivered. :confused: I sell on eBay too & sometimes the out-of-country buyers can be a real pain & sometimes they are great. :hug: Keep us updated. :D

Taja
06-23-2004, 08:30 AM
You're dealing with two separate postal systems, NHmouse. U.S.P.S. expected delivery of 14 business days is to a Canadian post office. The package then goes through customs and is routed on to its destination if everything is well.

Unless it was shipped via airmail, it can be very slow.

Amberle3
06-23-2004, 10:05 AM
It can take 2-3 weeks for a LETTER to go across the border, never mind a package.

It will have to go through customs, where it will sit and wait until they decide if they want to open it up and check the contents. Either way they'll assess a value to it, and then hit the recipient with a customs/duty charge before they'll release the package to her.

I've received packages from the US in as little as 2 weeks, sometimes it's taken up to 2 months.