PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me about schools in Disney Area?

honey11dog
06-22-2004, 10:23 AM
I may not be posting this in the right place. My husband is almost finished with his Ph.D. in agriculture sciences. He has been looking at possible job offers. One happens to be working for Disney! I would be thrilled to live near Disney and most of my relatives. However, my husband wants to pick the best place based on numerous other factors. Can someone tell me about the school system in the area surrounding Disney? Is the public system good or will we need to go the private school route? Any info would be appreciated.:sunny:

ducklite
06-22-2004, 10:29 AM
Generally speaking, they suck. Most people I know who ahve school aged kids have gone the private school route. There are a few, a very few, good public schools.

Anne

honey11dog
06-22-2004, 10:55 AM
Thank you for the quick reply. I was hoping the public schools in Florida would be better than where we are now. It sounds like they are about the same. We are currently paying 5,000 a year per child for private. Which I think is insane. But we have few choices. And the private schools keep increasing every year, basically b/c they can. We have numerous private schools and they all have waiting lists. I just need to figure all the pros and cons. Thanks

AMaloy314
06-22-2004, 12:55 PM
Overall, the public schools in Florida are not that great. The reason is that the older population prefers that their tax dollars go to things that they get more personal benefit from. It happens a lot in retirment areas all over the country. Private schools would most likely be a much better bet.

Good luck!