View Full Version : Help me be a FL resident and get discount!

06-21-2004, 02:25 PM
I need to know how or if this is possible....
My primary residence is in NC. However,
a relative and I have a house in Riverview, FL,
right outside of Tampa, that we co-own
together. They live in the house year round
right now. We bought it together as an
investment. My name is on the deed, tax
records, everything.

My question is... is there anyway I could
claim to be a Floriday resident? I know that
a driver's license is required to get the
tickets. But, can I even get a driver's license,
since I already have one in NC? Or, should
I just forget it?

Any ideas?

06-21-2004, 02:29 PM
When my friend moved there, she hadn't switched over her license yet, and all they required was a utility bill of some sort... I imagine a property tax bill with your name on it would suffice... not all people who live in florida have a driver's license!

06-21-2004, 02:32 PM
Previously, a few yrs back when we lived in FL, a FL Driver's license was needed. You would have to surrender your NC license to obtain a FL one.

mom of five
06-21-2004, 02:35 PM
My mother just bought a house in Florida and would like to visit THE WORLD. Can she get FL. resident rates even though she is what we call a "snowbird"? How do you get FL. resident rates? At time of booking do you give them the code over the phone and then have to provide proof when you pick up tickets? I know she isn't going to get a FL. driver's license. Do they take, let's say, a utility bill?

Just wondering?

06-21-2004, 03:22 PM
If you own a property or even own a p.o. box in Fl, I belive you could work something out with it. You can go to one of the DL offices here in Fl and obtain a pic id, and not a Dl license. I beliveve the cost is about $3.00, maybe you could call the Dl license offices and find out. I am not sure about all of the offices in the state but the ones here in Pensacola,Fl are always closed on Mondays. I just called and they said it had went up to $8.25 and you had to provide them with 2 proofs of id, a birth certificate, and SS card. Hope this helps you.

06-21-2004, 04:05 PM
My SIL and BIL owned property in Fl...and by faxing a utility bill that had their names on it were able to purchase FL resident season passes from the ticket dept at WDW.

So, if you have a utlity bill with your name on it you probably have a pretty good chance..

06-21-2004, 08:37 PM
We bought FL resident AP's early this year. They "made an exception" and allowed us to use the deed and purchase contract on our house to prove we were "new residents" in order to avoid showing ID. They indicated that had these documents not been very recently dated, we would not have been able to do so, and warned that on renewal we had better have a FL DL or DMV ID card, the house papers were not going to be accepted.

I asked about a tax statement, utility bill, etc., and was told that they stopped taking those this past year. You might get a different response from another CM.


06-21-2004, 10:09 PM
In order to take advantage of the Florida Resident Offers at Walt Disney World you must show proof of Florida Residency:

VALID Florida Drivers License

VALID Florida State issued ID card (MUST have Florida address)

Utility statement with the guest name and address along with a corresponding picture ID

VALID Voters Registration Card with corresponding picture ID

VALID Florida Based Military ID - Florida Military Bases

Pensacola Naval Air Station
Hurlburt Field Air Force Base
Eglin Air Force Base
Tyndall Air Force Base
Panama City Coastal Systems Station (Navy)
Jacksonville Naval Air Station
Mayport Naval Station
MacDill Air Force Base
Patrick Air Force Base
Miami Coast Guard Station
Clearwater Coast Guard Air Station
Homestead Air Reserve Base
Key West Naval Air Station
United States Southern Command (Miami)

VALID College ID (MUST be a Florida college)

Each adult in the party is required to have a Florida ID.

Florida Resident tickets are only available to actual Florida Residents and can not be purchased for out of state family or friends.

I got this info from:http://allearsnet.com/pl/florid.htm

As with anything, it is subject to change.

06-21-2004, 10:47 PM
not all people who live in florida have a driver's license!

And after seeing some of the snowbirds on their bicycles we are sooooooooo grateful some do not have a driver's license. :scared1:

06-22-2004, 03:29 AM
We got our FL PAPs in last August (10 months ago) right after we moved to Florida. We hadn't gotten a FL Drivers license yet. We showed them a picture ID (we used our TX drivers license) and a copy of our utility bills (I showed the elec. bill and the telephone bill.) We had no problem at all. We didn't have a tax or house deed as we were renting but they didn't ask for that at all.

My teenage sons didn't have a picture ID. One son did have his Orlando library card with him (we got library cards the first week we moved to Orlando). The other son had no ID with him. The CM asked if they had a school ID from Florida but we didn't have one because they hadn't yet attended school in Florida as it was the summer.

We didn't have any problems. We got our PAPs at Downtown Disney.

The easiest thing to do, if you are worried, is to get a FL ID card. I got them for both my sons 2 weeks ago and it was only $3. All they needed was a certified birth certificate and their Social Security card. They didn't ask for proof of residence but did ask them to write down their Orlando address to be printed on the card. The FL ID cards aren't mailed though. They print them up for you while you are there. It looks just like our drivers license but says FL ID card.

06-22-2004, 09:21 AM
Wow! Thanks for all the responses. I think next
time I am down "visiting" my house, I will go by
and try to get an ID card.

You guys are the best!

06-22-2004, 09:43 AM
I have friends who are active duty military and when they went down to buy their passes they just has to show a current utility bill. It used to be that IDs would have where the person was stationed but now that it not the case. He doesnt have a Florida drivers license.

But when he went to the gate he showed the utitliy bill and his military id and that was enough to get them the passes they needed. Hope it helps.

06-22-2004, 11:38 AM
Before DW and I permanantly moved to Florida, we maintained a vacation home here. In order to qualify for Florida benefits, we obtained "Florida Only" drivers licenses. This is a license that is recognized for driving in Florida only and does not require that you give up your other state license. All you need is a valid Florida address. I believe this 'in state' license is still issued.