PDA

View Full Version : Will gel insoles help feet at WDW?

frannn
06-21-2004, 10:15 AM
I bought New Balance shoes 1.5 months ago and have been breaking them in for my Sept trip to WDW. They are slightly too large ( I have narrow feet), so I just bought Dr Scholl's gel massaging insoles to try to make them fit better and make walking more comfortable. I bought an extra pkg of insoles to use at WDW. I have also seen insoles that are supposed to help with feet pain in different areas, but I have no specific foot problems, and "massaging gel insoles" sounded like they would be better. Has anyone tried these, and do they work? I got them 2 pair for 5. Is that a good price? Also, would you wear these with sandals as well?
Thanks!

GAIL HAYDEN
06-21-2004, 04:53 PM
I would imagine they would make walking a bit more comfortable.
As to using them in sandals, what would hold them in?

Sandi
06-21-2004, 07:45 PM
The insoles actually help quite a bit. I had back surgery in January and started using two different kinds of insoles (gel and cushion) afterward. They made my April trip to WDW much more comfortable.

I agree with Gail on the sandals though. I don't believe they would stay on the sandal's sole. I always wear sneakers to WDW and last much longer than I would in sandals.

candykisses
06-21-2004, 08:41 PM
I use gel insoles to help the pain I have from heel spurs. The insoles help alot.

You got them at a great price. I pay around $7.00 for the heel pads and $14.00 for the insoles.

hercamore
06-21-2004, 08:56 PM
Yes, I like them and they are also another layer of protection between your feet and the hot pavement.

herc.

mrsboz
06-22-2004, 12:01 PM
I always buy the cushion ones and they work great. I walked the marathon for the past two years and this is a tip that I received from another walker: Vaseline. Sounds gross but works like a charm. If you put vaseline on your feet and between your toes you will not get a blister. It only feels yucky for a minute or two and then it actually feels comforting.

bearzabout
06-22-2004, 07:40 PM
I use expensive insoles purchased at trade shows or Brookstone. I wouldn't go to Disney without them. I used to hobble out of the park at the end of a 14 hour day. Now I still have bounce to my step and little foot pain.

I have cured my blister problem by wearing blister inhibiting socks and by using Blister Guard. It is a roll on that contains a teflon-like product. It prevents friction and therefore blisters completely. What a great product. It should help with sandals also.

arminnie
06-22-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by bearzabout
I use expensive insoles purchased at trade shows or Brookstone. I wouldn't go to Disney without them. I used to hobble out of the park at the end of a 14 hour day. Now I still have bounce to my step and little foot pain.

I use the Birkenstock insoles in my New Balance shoes and it helps. they cost about $50.

Sadie22
03-19-2011, 08:29 AM
I have made the mistake in the past of self-selecting shoes which were too wide for me and have tried adding Dr. Scholl's gel insoles to make them fit better. I ended up with a sore back and blisters for my trouble. The insoles slipped around in the shoes and my feet slipped around on the inshoes, which felt like I was walking on sand.

I am diabetic now and I must take extra care of my feet. Before my last Disney trip, I went to a New Balance store to be properly fitted with an appropriate size and style of shoe. I also bought new cushioned socks for the trip. The two pairs of NB 849s I took with me on my trip are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned.

I recommend avoiding the low-numbered styles available at department stores and seeking professional advice at a New Balance store if you have any sort of foot problems.

AndreaDM
03-19-2011, 09:00 AM
If you're flying put them in checked luggage. DH had to throw his out going through security once and they're not cheap!

mtblujeans
03-19-2011, 11:37 AM
All good advice! I have been using NB for years and love them. I am having problems with my feet and ankles and they are testing me for RA. I was wondering what to do about our upcoming trip and it seems as though, thru your experiences, I may have found my solution. :thumbsup2