PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom meal vouchers-what can child order?

lizziepooh
06-20-2004, 01:46 PM
Does anyone know if a child has to order from the children's menu using the Animal Kingdom meal vouchers? I am considering getting them on our next trip but the children's menu is very limited. I'm sure our 7 year old grandson would prefer something other than the kid's menu selections. Just wondered if anyone had any experience with this. Thanks.

janette
06-20-2004, 02:08 PM
I've never asked to order from anything other than the children's menu and due to the price difference would be suprised if they allowed it.

The children's vouchers are the best deal since at $5.99 with a soda being $2.50 and the ice-cream $2 - $3 that leaves the actual meal cost at $.99 or less.

Often I get the children's meal at a different restaurant than the adult meals.

tarmand
06-20-2004, 04:03 PM
Where do you get these?

got2lovedisney
06-20-2004, 04:03 PM
Can adults use the kid's voucher? Anyone ever tried this?

barb45
06-20-2004, 04:26 PM
I'd like to know that also. I have a small appetite so a kid's meal is always enough for me.

DMRick
06-20-2004, 06:20 PM
with a soda being $2.50

Soda's are now $2.00!!

GAIL HAYDEN
06-20-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by got2lovedisney
Can adults use the kid's voucher? Anyone ever tried this?
I would imagine you could, since they NEVER ask to see the child.

GAIL HAYDEN
06-20-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by lizziepooh
Does anyone know if a child has to order from the children's menu using the Animal Kingdom meal vouchers? I am considering getting them on our next trip but the children's menu is very limited. I'm sure our 7 year old grandson would prefer something other than the kid's menu selections. Just wondered if anyone had any experience with this. Thanks.

Yes, if it is a child voucher they have to order from the child's menu. If your grandson prefers something other than the child's menu, buy him an adult voucher.

2angelsinheaven
06-21-2004, 11:42 AM
If adults can use them it's a GREAT deal then, the kids meal is often enough to hold us over for lunch until our big meals at Ohanas, and other sit down places... I hate buying adult meals because I never finish and if I do I'm too full for dinner.... heck the kids voucher is cheaper than buying a snack and soda... will consider these next time.

MollyBelle
06-21-2004, 11:46 AM
We did this very thing on our last trip:

Ate granola bars, etc., for breakfast....bought (4) kids vouchers at AK for lunch ($24) -- then ate the big meal at Ohana that evening...perfect!

You get a small meal, snack and drink for $6 -- that cannot be beaten in Disney, I don't think! (course we made up for that at Ohana - ha)

:Pinkbounc

TinkerGal
06-21-2004, 10:34 PM
We bought 4 childs meal deals at Flame Tree BBQ in the morning for 2 adults and 2 children. The cashier said it was no problem to adults to use childs deals. Plus, we didn't have to use them right then so we used the drink vouchers at a kiosk where they let us get Powerades instead of soda. Later, we used the meals at Pizzafari for lunch where we got 4 childs pizzas --- 7" personal pizza and chips and drink each. Then we still had 4 vouchers for popcorn/icecream that we used later for a snack.

4 childs meal deals = $25.59(tx incl)
4 childs pizzas @pizzafari - $25.59
4 powerades/soda/water - $10.00
4 icecreams - $10.00
total savings + $20.00!

Wish all the parks offered such a good deal

ihave4kids
06-22-2004, 11:21 PM
Just wondering where you get these from-sounds like a great deal!!!!Thanks

2angelsinheaven
06-22-2004, 11:26 PM
You can get the at Guest Services in AK or at any of the restraunts.

jacquek95
06-23-2004, 01:14 AM
Does the child's voucher just come with 1 drink (with the meal) or do you get a voucher for another drink later on (like with the adult meal voucher)?

RobinMarie
06-23-2004, 06:48 AM
I believe the meal comes with a drink and you have another ticket/part of voucher you may use for a soda or bottle of water.

I have not ordered childrens meals for adults in the past because the menus usually cite something like, "KIDS MEALS for children 12 and under please."

disneyfan551
06-23-2004, 09:11 AM
We did the same as TinkerGal... bought the child's meal at Pizzafari. The pizza is the same as the one they sell for 5.50 on the menu! The only thing we did different was get a juice, which came in a lg. bottle, rather than the child's soda, which was very small. This was the best bargain of the trip!

Actually, we ordered 2 child's meal deals, 1 for me & my dd to split, and the other for my Mom. No problems at all.

jeankeri
06-23-2004, 08:56 PM
Can you use the drink/ice cream vouchers at the vendors throughout the park or do you have to redeem them at restaurants? Also- can you use them at Restaurantasaurus?

Poorman
06-23-2004, 09:14 PM
You can get the ice cream and drinks from the vendors. We have done this for years, I guess the word is out. We usually get the pizza and chips at Pizzafari, then get the water /soda later . Then get the ice cream/pop corn as a snack later. It is the best deal in all the parks. For $26.00 you can feed 4 people and have extra drinks and snacks. Almost makes you want to run over to AK for lunch every day. But I don't know if the PB&J's are that good.

We save our vouchers for B&C and Pepper Market.