PDA

View Full Version : Hotwire Club ?

jersey
06-19-2004, 11:36 PM
Anyone know how long you must wait before you can open(reopen) a new hotwire account ?

barb45
06-20-2004, 02:05 PM
I'd like to know too. We're not going to Disney until March and I know now that these things have expiry dates on them. I'd like to look around the website and then sign up again later.

twinscandc
06-20-2004, 02:34 PM
Can someone explain the Hotwire Savings Club deal to me?

Thanks!!

barb45
06-20-2004, 08:18 PM
I'm really bummed out now. I just spent most of the day reading the "everything you wanted to know about meal vouchers" thread - ALL 34 pages. I got to about page 27 and found out that Canadians can't join! Boohoo. Anyway I will ask my son-in-law who works in the US to join for me (but that gets pretty confusing) and purchase for me if I decide to do that. It would still be nice to look around the website anyway.

gopherit
06-21-2004, 10:37 AM
I just joined Hotwire last month and have been very pleased thus far.

You sign up and first 30 days are free. With your 1st purchase you get $10 back, even. In the svaings club you have access to discount shopping (like 10-15% off at various on-line and retail stores). You can buy gift cards (most of these are in $25 denominations) and for each one you buy, you get $5 back -- so it's like saving 20%! I just bought 3 Circuit City cards and used all three together to buy a computer monitor for my son -- the monitor had a $50 rebate, plus it was like getting another 20% off the price after that! You can buy up to 15 cards per merchant per year. Merchants include Kmart, Target, ToysRUs, Ciruit City, Barnes Noble, Borders and a few others; restaurants include Outback, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Bennigans, and a few others... As for theme park stuff, we bought 8 Sevenday Park Hopper Plus passes -- the adult price was only 302.90, that's the cheapest rate I've found yet! And NO SHIPPING cost. We got them like 6 days after I ordered them -- verrrry nice! They also sell the vouchers -- I am about to order some Q&C and b'fast vouchers today. Q&C are 11.50; b'fast vouchers are 18.25. I will be saving our family about $45 in just the b'fast vouchers alone! So far I am just NOT seeing the downside to this! Now I will remind you -- after that 30 day period, Hotwire does have a fee. But they are not sneaky about it. In fact I just got an email reminding me that i was about to enter the "Fee Zone" so to speak! THe fee is 7.95 (or is it 7.99? Can't remember) each month. Well, I figure if I buy 2 gift cards, there, it's paid for, anything else is gravy! DH sees it differently -- he thinks I should get all our trip vouchers, buy up some gift cards for xmas, then get all of our $5 rebates credited back...then drop 'em like a rock. Whatever. That's his way of doing things, I guess. You make the call for yourself!

Jennylen
06-21-2004, 05:21 PM
I'd like to know that too. I might have to cancell and re-join later time due to shipping problem. Program provides fairly good savings.

psupple
06-21-2004, 06:17 PM
This seems like a decent club to join. Do the 7 day park hopper passes include the 4 plus options? I always thought Ticket Mania had the best prices, but Hotwire beats them by $28...not a bad deal!

Are the VKL vouchers $31? I definitely want to buy at least one for the Rainforest Cafe for DH and I to split.

Thanks for the info!

extremesoccermom
06-22-2004, 10:22 AM
We found the vouchers to be a great deal and have decide to keep our membership for at least a few months. I found a camcorder that I want for Christmas so I have started buying $50.00 worth of GC each month along with Kmart and Target, Red Lobster, Planet Hollywood and I will be buying GC for all my nieces and nephew for B-days and Christmas, especially the teens - Movie Tickets (AMC) 4.50 each and dinner GC they will enjoy that.
We used the Q&C vouchers as well as VKL vouchers and ate very well.
At Rainforest my 9 year old was able to order off the adult menu and share with me.
We had the Cha-Cha Chime appt, Steak and Lobster, Soda and Volcano. (DH and DS also used the adult voucher - that's how we were able to get the volcano). They had chicken wings, Steak and Lobster, Soda and Souvioner Cup with Rainbow Icee (which I expected to pay for but the server said it was all covered)