PDA

View Full Version : Pirates of the Carribbean DVD @ Overstock.com

KristiKelly
06-19-2004, 07:33 AM
I just saw "Pirates of the Carribbean" DVD on Overstock.com for $8.99, they also had "The Passion" DVD for $16.99. I may buy The Passion, since we never made it to the theatre to see it.

beattyfamily
06-19-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by KristiKelly
I just saw "Pirates of the Carribbean" DVD on Overstock.com for $8.99, they also had "The Passion" DVD for $16.99. I may buy The Passion, since we never made it to the theatre to see it.

I just ran over after seeing your post and Pirates is at $20.99.:confused:

Ps...I just did another search and you can get Pirates for $8.99 but it is USED. I do not like used DVD as they are probably scratched.

Thanks anyway!

GAIL HAYDEN
06-19-2004, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by KristiKelly

the Passion, from what I found on overstock, is the companion piece to the movie. Could not find the Passion of Christ on DVD, just VHS. Can you provide a link to the DVD?

beattyfamily
06-19-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
the Passion, from what I found on overstock, is the companion piece to the movie. Could not find the Passion of Christ on DVD, just VHS. Can you provide a link to the DVD?

Passion (http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=736879)

It looks like the actual movie to me??

GAIL HAYDEN
06-19-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by beattyfamily
Passion (http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=PROFRAME&PROD_ID=736879)

It looks like the actual movie to me??

thanks, yep, not what I found at all. Kind of a long wait, however. :)

Bella the Ball 360
06-19-2004, 11:04 AM
I do not think it is the Passion that Mel Gibson just directed. It is not out on video or dvd so how could it be sold on overstock?? I mean overstock of nothing is nothing. Otherwise it is a boot leg version and I would not touch that with a 10ft pole.

beattyfamily
06-19-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Bella the Ball 360
I do not think it is the Passion that Mel Gibson just directed. It is not out on video or dvd so how could it be sold on overstock?? I mean overstock of nothing is nothing. Otherwise it is a boot leg version and I would not touch that with a 10ft pole.

It says right there that it is not available yet and that it's a pre-order. It's coming out August 31.

GAIL HAYDEN
06-19-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Bella the Ball 360

From the overstock page:

Starring: Caviezel, Jim Morgenstern, Maia Bellucci, Monica Sbragia, Mattia Gerini, Claudia Lionello, Luca Shopov, Hristo Naumov
Directing: Gibson, Mel
Rating: R (MPAA)
Run Time: 127 minutes
Notes: Widescreen
Description: THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST depicts the last 12 hours of the life of Jesus of Nazareth (Jim Caviezel), beginning with his betrayal by Judas Iscariot (Luca Lionello) and ending with his crucifixion and subsequent resurrection. Directed by Mel Gibson (BRAVEHEART)--who funded the film himself and co-wrote the screenplay--PASSION uses flashbacks to substantiate a handful of pertinent moments in Jesus` life and teachings, such as the Sermon on the Mount and the Last Supper, as well as his relationships with his mother and his disciples. Still, the drama focuses on the seemingly endless torture inflicted upon Jesus by Roman soldiers at the urging of the Jewish crowd that considers him a blasphemer, despite the attempts of a sympathetic Pontius Pilate (Hristo Naumov Shopov) to spare him from death. The faint of heart should be prepared for the brutal, barbaric beatings that Christ endures. Maia Morgenstern, Monica Bellucci, and Hristo Jivkov are touching as Mary, Magdalene, and John respectively, who are devastated by Jesus` fate yet aware that they can do nothing to change it. Performed in Aramaic and Latin with English subtitles, Gibson`s labor of love is sure to prompt discussion and debate as to historical and Biblical fact.
This item will be shipped to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail; delivery will take from 2 days to 3 weeks.

Editorial Reviews...
Los Angeles Times (02/24/2004)
"This is Gibson`s personal vision of the greatest story ever told, a look inside his heart and soul..."
USA Today (02/27/2004)
"[T]here is undeniable power and artistry in the filmmaking..."
Entertainment Weekly (03/05/2004)
"[Caviezel] has an eloquent, spindly body and a gauntly ascetic profile..."
Rolling Stone (03/18/2004)
"Gibson`s immersion in the blood of Christ is an act of faith filmed with a zealot`s rapture."
Box Office (04/01/2004)
"[I]t is Gibson himself, as director, who most energizes the movie, breathing life into the dusty annals of scripture and investigating them with an almost indescribable, elegiac beauty."
Sight and Sound (04/01/2004)
"What THE PASSION adds to Gibson`s previous directorial offerings is a stripped-down economy of story-telling and a flair for hauntingly iconic imagery which lend an irresistibly visceral edge."

Overstock does not sell bootlegged anything.
Perhaps reading the linked page would have been a good thing for you.

GAIL HAYDEN
06-19-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by beattyfamily
It says right there that it is not available yet and that it's a pre-order. It's coming out August 31.

some people like to spout off BEFORE they read. :)