PDA

View Full Version : I robbed my change jar!!

Disney4me04
06-18-2004, 10:35 PM
I decided to take a look in my change jar. I then counted the dollar bills and silver. I had 21.00 in there. So I took it out. And tomorrow I am going to get DD with it. I will keep those in a seperate envelope so I can see how much change I actually saved.

I am just not a good saver so I know if I go and buy DD when I go to the mall with my change jar money. I will not dip into it.

I will cash in the pennies later on. I am not likely to take 100 pennies to the store.

And really I only need a little cash for traveling and then for tips. Most of the money we spend at WDW will be in DD.

My total is now over $40 in DD --- almost 1/2 way to paying for the hoop de doo musical reveiw!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

fam4jc
06-18-2004, 11:51 PM
Where can you buy Disney Dollars? I also have a change jar, actually its a plastic bank of Cindy's castle! We only have a Disney outlet store around here. They don't sell AP's so I just assumed they don't sell DDs either. Can I buy those online? I've never used DD before. We just got back from nine days at WDW. Can you use them jsut like cash at the restaurants and drink stands etc?

wdwstar
06-19-2004, 08:51 AM
yes, DD can be used on the disney properties, DTD, parks, restaruants, disney resorts.

momtofour
06-19-2004, 10:58 AM
You might want to make reservations for the Hoop De Doo Revue if you can come up with the balance. I seem to remember that seats are assigned according to when the reservations are made.
If you wait until you arrive at Disney, it may be sold out or your seats may be less than desirable. If you do it now, you'll probably be up front! Keep on saving!!!

Disney4me04
06-20-2004, 01:50 AM
already made my PS for Hoop De Doo back in April. I just had to give them a CC to hold my spot. I will be paying in DD when I go to pick up my tickets.

You don't have to put down a deposit for it.

poohandwendy
06-20-2004, 02:01 AM
LOL...you robbed your change jar!!

After our aug trip, we are planning on using our change jar to get ready for our next next trip (06 or 07) which hasn't even begun to be planned. We will trade in every time we have enough for a 7 day PHP pass, after we have enough for the family, we will trade in for DD. We figure getting the passes now will save us a few bucks (inflation) and they never expire, so there really is no loss. It keeps us from using the change for another reason. It also ensures us that another trip is on the horizon....

DISNEYLOVER70
06-21-2004, 12:26 PM
Is it true that PHP never expire? And it is true, where is the cheapest place to buy them? This sounds like a good idea. I just have no idea how long it will be before I have enough saved to go, but if they never expire...........that would be great!!!!

Thanks for any info!:tongue: