PDA

View Full Version : Are you obsessed with Disney?

beebumble
06-18-2004, 09:16 PM
My husband says I'm obsessed with this board.He gets this far away look when I start telling him about something new I've read.
There is so much to see and so much to do.
:earsgirl: :earsboy:

HenDuck
06-18-2004, 09:22 PM
Yes, I am obsessed. Now what was your question?:smooth:

Aisling
06-18-2004, 10:11 PM
Yes, I'm obsessed. woo hoo!:cheer2:

sarahsmom73
06-18-2004, 10:12 PM
Obsessed? Does checking the DIS first thing in the morning count as obsessed?!:hyper: :teeth:

hulabird
06-18-2004, 10:49 PM
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo Obsessed???????? Me??????

:thewave: YES I AM!

and PROUD OF IT! :jumping1:

Teri Zolman
06-18-2004, 11:04 PM
Beyond Obsessed :earseek: :earseek: :earseek: :earseek: :earseek: :earseek: :earseek: :earseek:

fam4jc
06-18-2004, 11:32 PM
Totally obsessed...:crazy: crazy for anything Disney

already planning the next FOUR trips:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :tongue: :tongue: :sunny: :earseek: :wave:

cooldisneymom
06-19-2004, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by sarahsmom73
Obsessed? Does checking the DIS first thing in the morning count as obsessed?!:hyper: :teeth:

Whew!! Me too!!! Coffee and then the DIS!!! Then heigh-ho, heigh-ho, off to work I go!!!:drinking1 :rockband:

canwegosoon
06-19-2004, 02:22 AM
:crazy: :crazy: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc Yes!!!

sarahsmom73
06-19-2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by cooldisneymom
Whew!! Me too!!! Coffee and then the DIS!!! Then heigh-ho, heigh-ho, off to work I go!!!:drinking1 :rockband:

I Forgot the coffee!!! Coffee and the DIS first thing! No doubt about it!:teeth:

DisneyMomx7
06-19-2004, 08:17 AM
Is it obsessive when you check the boards first thing in the morning and several times during the day? I thought it was normal! However DH thinks I'm nuts and I try not to talk about the boards too much so he doesn't think I went totally over the edge. Just about everything is done for our July trip (26 days from today!!!!), and I'm already starting to think about what PSs I should make for next trip - July 2005. Of course I think the most obsessed I was is when I was waiting for this batch of AP codes, then I couldn't even sleep!

liznboys
06-19-2004, 08:19 AM
::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: (And proud of it!! :teeth: )

KristiKelly
06-19-2004, 08:41 AM
::yes:: I don't watch the news anymore, except to get the local weather, I get all I need to know right here.

mareb66297
06-19-2004, 08:45 AM
:love::hyper::hyper: the boards get me going in the morning better than my coffee..Obsessed? hmmmmm

beattyfamily
06-19-2004, 08:53 AM
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ::yes:: :earsgirl: :love: :tongue: :hyper:

and crazy about it too!!!! :crazy: or at least everyone thinks I am!

And below is how I am when my trip is tomorrow!!!!
:jumping1:
:thewave:
:rockband: :cool1:

PrincessMommy2
06-19-2004, 09:47 AM
Count me in with all of you!!!

momxx5
06-19-2004, 11:10 AM
Yes I am a DIS-addict.:D

I am very grateful for the boards and all the info I learn to make our vacation as magical as it can be.

kimbac3
06-19-2004, 04:11 PM
I love the Dis Board!! I check the boards several times I day and often spend evenings reading from it to DH - I don't think he's really listening but he pretends well:D
We aren't going till Dec 05, but every now and then I'll grab one of my kids and say "We're going to Disney World!!
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc "

Kimba

Colestat
06-19-2004, 04:43 PM
Without a Doubt, Check my tag - I am Disney Obsessed and proud of it!!!

Alice28
06-19-2004, 05:22 PM
::yes:: I am obsessed. Sometimes I have to tell myself, "Step away from the DIS boards." :p

ericamanda01
06-19-2004, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't call it obsessed so much as DDO! Disney Detailed Oriented! Ok the fact that I have a new name for it should say something. :crazy:

Hi my name is Amanda and I am an addict!

:wave: :Pinkbounc :crazy: :earseek: ::MickeyMo ::yes:: :hyper: princess: :bride: :groom: :boat: ::MinnieMo :drinking1 :flower: :flower3: :mickeybar :idea: :confused3 :rolleyes1

Purrrrfecta
06-19-2004, 07:01 PM
I am psycho obsessed. I just got back, and I keep telling my husband I wish I were there right now!

oh oh please someone let me win lotto so I can buy a year round time share there.......Please

disneyfreakjackie
06-19-2004, 07:12 PM
AND I AM WAY OBSESSED!!! When my DH comes into the room where our computer is and sees me "here", he just shakes his head and says Oh my god!! She's at it again!

Now I have my 15 and 13 year old DD's addicted too!! :wave2:

missydisney
06-19-2004, 07:16 PM
I am quilty of being obsessed. :earsgirl: Nothing better to do than read about the REAL:earseek: world. Seventeen trips and counting can't get enough. The Dis keeps me going between visits.
:Pinkbounc Single Didget Dance

gigi1313
06-19-2004, 08:50 PM
obsessed, no... addicted, YES!!!

twoksmom
06-19-2004, 10:10 PM
Hello , my name is April and I am a Disney addict! My dh rools his eyes every time I open my mouth and even say the word Disney.:crazy: :He just doesn't understand hoew much fun the disney boards are. April:Pinkbounc::

twinscandc
06-20-2004, 02:21 PM
My DH thinks I'm totally nuts most of the time when it comes to anything Disney.

Funny story: When planning our first Disney vacation in 2002 (when I first became obsessed and got hooked on the DIS boards), I started to get so overwhelmed that my DH sent me a dozen yellow roses to my office with a card stating: "Can't wait to see you here at Disney World, Everything will be okay, Love, Mickey" - I'm sure the florist was wondering what that was all about!!

Anyway....already planning a trip to the World in Sept. 2005...

I'm known at our church, work place and with all our friends as the "Disney Freak"!!

LOVE THAT MOUSE!!
:earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

Blueberry
06-20-2004, 05:17 PM
I HAVE A MASTER DEGREE IN DISNEY OBSESSION

We are not allowed outside internet access at work, so no DIS all day for me..So I get up an hour early each day to check out the DIS before I go to work, send DH out the door and I am on the DIS most days at 6:30am...:sunny:

At night I have dinner and I am right back on here....:sunny:

As my kids used to say...DISNEY IS MY LIFE!!!

Yardbird
06-20-2004, 05:38 PM
Ohhhh......I so wish that I could answer your question with a no, since we just returned from WDW. But, I am more obsessed than ever! How do I convince DH that I need to be planning another trip to Disney? I'm HOMESICK! :love:

floridagirrl2
06-20-2004, 06:21 PM
What, just cuz I wanna live in WDW, you think I might be obsessed????:p

Yes, I'm obsessed! I really do fantasize about having a condo (not DVC...I mean my very own condo) right on the Boardwalk....a fun thing to think about when I'm trying to get to sleep (more fun than counting sheep) and the DIS boards just feed my obsession!;)

Luckily, DH loves Disney too, and we're going to renew our Florida Resident Seasonal Passes when they expire in October.

mickeymousefan
06-20-2004, 11:06 PM
Total, absolute Disney freak. In Dec 2005 i will graduate as an RN. My dream job...... I want to be the RN at MK!!!!!!

sugermouse
06-21-2004, 02:01 AM
Proud to be a member of the DIS boards. How do yoy defined obsessed, over 600 postings in three months? Not!!!! ::MickeyMo

eeyore45
06-21-2004, 08:05 AM
I thought it was just me, usually we plan a year in advance, but never are able to justify spending the money... the tax money came back, and the stack of bills were paid, how nice not to have to have utilities turned off!! DH totally stressed at work - money in savings account is raising, dd is getting older... BAM lets do it...

we leave in July, everything is paid for, now I'm trying to figure out how to get the best bang for the buck, is that obsessive? I keep reading things to dh, and assuring him all this pre planning will give me a much more relaxed time!!

Nickimouse
06-21-2004, 11:28 AM
Hello, my name is Nickimouse, and I am a Disney and Disboard addict! (double whammy for me!):teeth:

SAWYERMAW1
06-21-2004, 12:17 PM
Count me in too!! As soon as I get back from one trip, I start planning the next. Maybe I shouldn't use the word planning - OBSESSING would be more like it!!

dsnycrzy
06-21-2004, 01:39 PM
Disney obseesed and addicted.:crazy: All I think about in when and how to get to WDW and at what time am I getting to the computer for the disboards.:tongue: :tongue: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Minnie1156
06-21-2004, 08:38 PM
:sunny: My husband tells me all of the time I am obsessed. But if I am going to have an obsession this is a great one:Pinkbounc :bounce: :wave2:

MELSMICE
06-22-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by DisneyMomx7
Is it obsessive when you check the boards first thing in the morning and several times during the day? However DH thinks I'm nuts and I try not to talk about the boards too much so he doesn't think I went totally over the edge.

This could be me!!! When I'm in our den "Dising" I usually hear someone say "Where's mom, on the Disboards again"! We've had a few dinners burned because I've had to check "just one more post"!

So, obsesseed you ask! No.............not at all! :rolleyes:

I just have to add that the last 2 nights I've had dreams about Disney. 2 nights ago I was in the Haunted Mansion & last night I was vacationing there with some friends - can you believe some of them did not want to go to the MK with me! :crazy: (I went without them) :D

mrsboz
06-22-2004, 09:33 AM
I've never thought of it as being obsessed but I guess I am. I check the boards first thing in the morning several times througout the day and before I go to bed. I think of Disney everyday and have withdrawals once we are home. I have to constantly be planning a trip. So, yes I guess I am obsessed. Not a bad thing is it????:Pinkbounc :tongue: :Pinkbounc :tongue:

WisconsinDisneyGirl
06-22-2004, 09:43 AM
I am too! My husband also gets that far away look when I tell him something new off the boards. He is not a Disney nut like I am. Too bad.

Mad4Dizne
06-22-2004, 10:00 AM
Love WDW, Love the DIZ, I want that same condo in WDW, I would never leave! The Boardwalk area would be great, see this is why I love the DIZ, other DIz'ers always give me great ideas!!!::yes::
:earsgirl:

HollyJoy
06-22-2004, 10:18 AM
Obsessed? LOL Not me! :p

RC Fan
06-22-2004, 11:04 AM
I am obsessed as well, but it could be a lot worse, right? At least we all know we are not alone. Yeah, my boyfriend and my friends think I am crazy, but they don't have the fun that we do!

Remember, it is never too soon to plan a trip to Disney!

Love the DISboards!

lck33
06-22-2004, 03:21 PM
:crazy: :crazy: for Disney. Totally obsessed! MY whole family thinks I'm nuts. They just don't get it like you guys. But what better vice is their to get through the drugery of daily life than the Dis boards and Dreaming of trips to the WORLD!!!! My DD3 just loves disney too! I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree!!

sbelyo
06-22-2004, 04:22 PM
Yup... I thought after getting mild food poisoning at CRT that I was disney'd out but I'm getting that itch again...

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
06-22-2004, 07:55 PM
Totally obsessed.
And I don't mean just with the parks. I was obsessed with Disney pretty much my whole life and never even stepped foot into a Disney World park until Dec 2002 at the age of 33.
LOL

megan4777
06-22-2004, 09:15 PM
For my first post here, I would like to declare that I'm VERY obsessed with Disney!!! My DH and I took our honeymoon last fall and ever since I've been obsessed with planning our first family trip for next fall. I went as a child but don't remember much and had always dreamed of going back. Our dd will be 2 and I think that she will totally love it. My DH gets that wonderful glazed over stare whenever I talk about Disney (unless it's about golf...then I have his attention!!) and he just nods. I'm glad I'm not alone!!!

MELSMICE
06-22-2004, 09:36 PM
megan4777 - Let me be the first to Welcome you to the Boards! :D

my3princes
06-22-2004, 09:54 PM
Obsessed? You Bet. My db says that we are part of Walt's Family. LOL. My dh and I as well as our 2 oldest boys (the youngest isn't talking yet) are all obsessed. Ask any of us where we would like to vacation and it is always WDW. My dh has never read these boards, but he sits in the same room watching TV and he is always asking what are you reading or what are you writing. I bet he knows most of the info that I have read. I think we need a 10 step program. lol.

diznee25
06-23-2004, 12:22 AM
I'm always starting sentences with "Guess what I read on the Disboards." Or, "I posted a thread and this is the advice I got."

Luckly my husband doesn't get annoyed with it. Anytime my husband catches me on the Dis, he'll ask if anything is new. What a great hubby!

I am obsessed with Disney! So much that my hubby suggested I give my new puppy a Disney name. I couldn't think of anything, but my hubby came up with the name Flick, from a Bugs Life.
(My cat's name is Jasmine, from Aladin.)

Diznee25

we3disneygo
06-28-2004, 10:19 AM
Obsessed????? ha. I started planning next trip on the plane ride home--family pretty much understands but sometimes says give it a break.have been a disney fan from about age9, first trip was a bus trip with grandfather..........

exnortherner
06-28-2004, 11:34 AM
I am a 50+ man who has been obsessed with Disney since I was a boy. The first movie I ever saw was Bambi (scared me to death). I made the first trip to DisneyWorld with my DW, DS and DD in 1972 and have been coming regularly ever since. DW and I moved to Florida 13 years ago and get to DisneyWorld at least 2 times each year on our own and at least once each year with the whole family, including grandchildren. We decorate our home in Disney (including a room devoted to Mickey) and wear Disney clothes.

Yesterday I found a small hole in the seat of my jeans. I went to Walmart to buy a denim patch but came home with a Mickey patch instead. Now I will be sitting on the Mouse all day.

Obsessed?? Yes, I would say so.

deedeew80
06-28-2004, 01:11 PM
Obsessed?! Me?! Of course I am! I think I annoy everyone because I'm always talking about Disney this or Disney that! Oh well! I went to WDW for the first time when I was 11 yrs old and try to go back regularly. This year I'm going with my boyfriend & it's his first time! This should be fun! He doesn't know what it's like there & thinks I'm crazy that I could be obsessed about something this much! We're going August 29 to Sept. 3 Not too much longer!!!! Yeah!! I can't wait. And my boyfriend doesn't know this yet but we're going again next year!!!

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

nuts4wdw
06-28-2004, 01:19 PM
Yes, totally 100% obsessed. Only problem is that we live so far away from Orlando that I can't get there as much as I'd like. :rolleyes: But yes, I've got two rooms that are mickey, an entire wardrobe that is disney, everyone says that my obsession is "sick" and even have a child with a disney middle name. :rolleyes:

I always tell people that I like disney so that they can't go on vacation to Disney and have fun without thinking about me.

:hyper:

dis4fun
06-28-2004, 02:23 PM
I admit it. I am just a little bit obsessed but glad to see I am not alone.

Spent $138 Saturday night at The Disney Store (GREAT Deals). On the way home I had to stop at Wal-mart for some things for our trip. I could not believe my eyes! Right there in Wal-mart, I saw it! MICKEY MOUSE paper towels!! I squeeled, threw my hands up and ran with excitement, grabbing two 3-packs. When I turned to asked my family if this would be enough for our trip, my DH, DS15, DS10 were walking in opposite directions, like they had never seen me before. But I am proud to say that my DD8 grabbed 2 more 3-packs and marched proudly back to the buggie with me smiling all the way.

Okay, maybe a lot obsessed.:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

nrsldy
06-28-2004, 03:04 PM
MY FAMILY GOES "OH BOY NOT AGAIN" WHEN I START PLANNING OUR NEXT TRIP TO WDW. MY HUSBAND SAID THIS YEAR WILL BE HIS LAST TRIP AND THAT THERE ARE OTHER PLACES BESIDES WDW. HE SAID THAT LAST YEAR ALSO AND HERE WE GO AGAIN!!! EVERYONE CATCHES THE SPIRIT. WHEN I RETIRE I WANT A PERMANENT SET OF MICKEY EARS. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

floridagirrl2
06-28-2004, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Mad4Dizne
Love WDW, Love the DIZ, I want that same condo in WDW, I would never leave! The Boardwalk area would be great, see this is why I love the DIZ, other DIz'ers always give me great ideas!!!::yes::
:earsgirl:

Mad4Dizne, you're welcome to share my WDW condo fantasy anytime...just imagine, strolling over the Boardwalk with a mug of hot cocoa and a pre-bedtime glimpse of Illuminations, then off to sleep in your very own year-round condo....can't you just imagine the fun???pirate: (My DH loves Disney, but I have never shared the condo fantasy with him--I think it's just too over-the-top for anybody except DISboarders!)

MELSMICE
06-28-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by floridagirrl2
(My DH loves Disney, but I have never shared the condo fantasy with him--I think it's just too over-the-top for anybody except DISboarders!)

LOL - I told my DH I want enough points so that I can live in an OKW 2BR year round!!! He already knows I'm nuts so it was no surprise when I said this! :tongue:

TINK61
06-29-2004, 10:39 AM
Not a day goes by that I don't think about WDW and wish I was there. The commericals are painful. I just pulled out my photos two nights ago thinking it would be some sort of fix. No chance. It's funny - because the older I get, the more I'm amazed with WDW. When I was younger, every 4 to 5 years was enough for me. Now - I could literally go twice a year (not that I ever have). WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME:worried: :teeth:

Alicnwondrln
06-29-2004, 10:47 AM
yes i have to agree I to am obessed. My DH thinks Im nuts andtries to ban me from any Disney online at all. We return in Dec and hes excited to go and like disney but not te way I do. I think about WDW everyday and cant wait to go back. I wanna work there and live in the castle. Dont we all !!

floridagirrl2
06-29-2004, 10:18 PM
BUMP! (I love this thread--gotta hear more about other people's Disney obsession.)

kid@heart-karen
06-29-2004, 10:44 PM
I am so totally obsessed, I check these boards everyday after work, and I am not even planning a trip until next year. LOL!! Plus, I am driving everyone nuts about the things i read here too.Can't wait to go back it has been too long.
:Pinkbounc :tongue: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :tongue: :bounce:

etwinchester
06-29-2004, 11:31 PM
I'm on these threads all day. I have to leave a window up and check back to see if there's anything new. DD, age 4, told daddy at dinner that "we're going to Disney for 2 weeks and if he can only stay for one, then he's flying back alone." Geez, the things they hear and repeat...(I wanted to hide under the table)

My poor DH hears it from DD and myself everyday and we're not even going till 2008. Maybe 2007 depending on when I go back to work. If he wasn't a manager and could get 2 weeks off in a ROW every year, I'd be there. I love going for 2 weeks and could never go one week. Way too short for me.

I'm so addicted that I've been to the Disney Store at least twice a week looking for something new or something new on sale... He comes home and says "find anything good today...do I need to work more overtime" What a sweetie...

I even had a dream last week that DH BOUGHT me Disney World for an anniversary present. That's being addicted and in fantasy land...

DonnaSue
06-29-2004, 11:58 PM
Definitely obsessed!!!

I don't want a condo or perpetual DVC points - I just want to permanantly reside in the castle!!!!That would do it for me!!! Of course, ya'll could come and stay with me anytime you wanted!!! The more the merrier!!! (Dis fans, I mean!)

Donna::MinnieMo

sunkissed212
06-30-2004, 09:10 AM
Goodness, yes!! I found this board on Monday and I have been on it almost constantly since then. I got home from work on monday and was on the boards from 5-10pm. There is so much to read about!!!! BF thinks I'm a total nut!!! I call him up at work to say... "hey, I read on the disboards today that..." and he's like "great honey, I gotta go back to work...." I just can't hold back my excitement!!!!!

Calvinosaurus
07-01-2004, 04:35 PM
I need to confess my obsession. It has had ahold of me for nearly thirty years now. It is apparently contagious and is now spreading to my wife. :hyper: Now instead of just supporting me in my obsession, she is actively participating in perpetuating it.

I am so happy. :teeth:

sunkissed212
07-01-2004, 10:07 PM
it's getting worse...now I'm applying for disney credit cards, looking up jobs at WDW, recording and re-watching all the disney documentaries that I can find (the one on food network about the couples preparing for disney weddings, and then the Wedding Story that was on this morning). My BF is starting to wonder...if I'm....well, you know......crazy!!!??!!!

:crazy:

Alicnwondrln
07-02-2004, 12:20 AM
Calvinosaurus

YOu have the BEST name!!
I love calvin and hobbes. I have a bunch of the books. They are great!!

Calvinosaurus
07-02-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Alicnwondrln
Calvinosaurus

YOu have the BEST name!!
I love calvin and hobbes. I have a bunch of the books. They are great!!

Thanks. My DW and I love C&H, too. In fact, my Disney obsession has led her to lurk around the DIS boards under the name Suzi Derkins...

deedeew80
07-02-2004, 03:17 PM
Sunkissed212.......My BF thinks I'm crazy also!! I watched the Disney Wedding show on Food Network too. I didn't know about the Wedding Story that was on this morning :( Bummer! I usually watch out for that kind of stuff. Maybe it will come on again!! A few months back I ordered the "Free" Disney vacation planning DVD & I watch it almost everyday! Now thats crazy!! I think I memorized the whole thing! But I never get sick of hearing anything about Disney! I'm on my way there soon. Yeah!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

catsrule
07-02-2004, 04:46 PM
::yes:: :teeth: Fortunately, I have converted DH.:teeth:

suzi derkins
07-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Calvinosaurus
I need to confess my obsession. It has had ahold of me for nearly thirty years now. It is apparently contagious and is now spreading to my wife. :hyper: Now instead of just supporting me in my obsession, she is actively participating in perpetuating it.

I am so happy. :teeth:

Trust me, he's a ravin' Disney Loonie!::yes::

Robinrs
07-02-2004, 06:48 PM
No, I just work here.... :p

ForTheLoveofDisney
07-02-2004, 07:51 PM
Obsessed? Like it's a bad thing??

I can relate to many of the posts that say "My husband walks in and sees me on the Dis and just rolls his eyes. . ."

Yes, My name is April and I'm addicted to Disney.

My husband says he's going to send me to Disney Anonymouse!
Well I say, Sign me up!!

JrsyDebs
07-03-2004, 01:26 AM
Am I Disney-obsessed? You betcha'!!

My last trip to Disney World was 8 years ago, and for sure a lot has changed in the World since then. I need to catch up on what's new before my trip next May; that's my justification for my obsession.

Now I need to think of my "justification" of why I am still on the boards at one o'clock in the morning, as I have done for the last several days...

I HAVE THE DISNEY FEVER!! I NEED TO KNOW MORE!!

The way I figure, since I will have a child with me next trip, I will need to stay mucho-flexible, but in the most obsessively organized way possible. You understand.

It is nice to know that there is this support group of people who say, "It's okay to be obsessed!"

MELSMICE
07-03-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by ForTheLoveofDisney
Disney Anonymouse!

Sign me up for that support group also. When's the first meeting! :D

DISUNC
07-03-2004, 11:33 AM
:confused: ME? :confused: OBSESSED? :confused: ADDICTED?

:earsboy: NO SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXBEALADOCIOUS WAY!!!!! :earsboy:

Have a Zip-Ah-De-Doo-Dah Daypirate:

Andy:wave:

ps. Remember It's a Small World After All!
::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Disneyfun2
07-03-2004, 11:52 PM
Being obsessed with DIS is ok in my book. It is better than being obsessed with drugs, etc. At least this obsession is legal and the family can be involved.:earsboy: :earsgirl:

:bride: :love: