PDA

View Full Version : What is a reasonable.....

BitsnBearsMom
06-18-2004, 09:10 AM
amount to budget per day for meals/extra's while staying in Disney (Wilderness Lodge) would $200 be too much?? can we get away with less?? The kids will have their own money for the 'I wants' so it's basically food and snacks in the parks that we will be getting. I'm a big water drinker (and fussy about my water too) so I will be buying a few cases for the week and taking it in to the park with me.

Wondering what to budget for the week we are staying outside of Disney too for food. We will have a vacation home for the 1st week and are aiming to make brekie and dinner at the house so I'm figuring about $100 a day?? there are 4 of us (dh, myself, 10yo ds, 4yo ds) We will have out Seaworld/Busch Gardens tickets pre-paid in advance so they aren't an issue. Planning on hitting Kennedy space centre and the beach too that week.

Also can anyone tell me what 'brands' of soy milk are sold in Florida (we live in Canada and 4yo ds can't drink cow's milk but is fussy about the type of soy milk he drinks.... we use the so good brand here at home!!)

Thanks!:)

crisi
06-18-2004, 09:59 AM
I'd check out Deb Wills' site (www.allearsnet.com) and click on the links to menus. We've had meals for four that have run $200 (drinks, wine, multicourses), and have had days were we don't even spend $20 per person.

momm2four
06-18-2004, 02:35 PM
Here in TN, they sell "Silk" soy milk. I would assume Florida would be the same, but not absolutely sure.

Lori P. :)

fam4jc
06-18-2004, 11:03 PM
Hi. We just got back from 7 nights at WDW. We ate well, not always table service, but frequently and we spent just over 700 for meals and snacks for a family of four. Five of our nights were concierge so we didn't have to purchase breakfast except for Cindy's and we usually skipped dinner after the heavy offerings in the evening in the loung. 200 a day should be plenty if you don't want table service every meal and don't mind splitting meals. Sometimes they serve loads of food that can easily be split between two people. Deb's web site lists the costs and you can get a general idea of what you'll need for the type of things you'll be ordering. Don't forget tip money:teeth:

ducklite
06-19-2004, 09:04 AM
I agree, with a food budget of $200/day a family of four can eat quite well.

One of the big things that adds to a restaurant bill is alcohol, so skip that or limit it.

Breakfast at a full service restuarant or a character brekkie is EXPENSIVE. So I'd plan on one, maybe two character meals and that's it. For the rest of the time, use the food court or grab a pastry or fruit at the park.

There are several really good counter service places that won't break the bank for lunch. Cosmic Rays has a great chicken Caesar sald, the Tusker House in the AK has excellent food. If you like burgers Peco Bills in the MK is popular. Lots of options in the World Showcase at Epcot or the food court in the Land pavillion there.

That should leave you with more than enough for a moderately prices full srevice dinner. The Kona Cafe, the GF Cafe, Spoodles, Bongo's, the Concourse Steakhouse, ESPN Club, the Yacht Club Galley are all great places to eat at a more moderate price.

Enjoy your Holiday!

Anne

crisi
06-19-2004, 09:26 AM
Breakfast at a full service restuarant or a character brekkie is EXPENSIVE. So I'd plan on one, maybe two character meals and that's it. For the rest of the time, use the food court or grab a pastry or fruit at the park.

I'm one of the people who finds most Disney pricing to be reasonable. i.e. I spend a dollar or two more for a steak at Le Cellier than I'd spend for the same quality steak here at home in the same type of restaurant, which, considering I'm at Disney, strikes me as reasonable.

But I find two things expensive - alcohol and breakfast. Drinks at Disney are weak and pricey (but they can be quite good). They are someone cheaper on DCL in my opinion - and mixed stronger! But its really easy to cut your budget by skipping the alcohol (and if it isn't, you might want to talk to someone). A glass of wine with dinner, or a rum and coke back at the hotel is nice, but few people are going to argue that its necessary.

Breakfast, even a pastry, is more than I want to pay - I still think you should be able to get a donut and a cup of coffee for a buck twenty five (which you can't do here, either! Sometimes I don't really live in the present). But breakfast is the one meal that, unless you want eggs, etc., its really easy to pack and bring along. Cereal bars, pop tarts, cereal (bring a cooler for milk). Juice and milk can be got at a grocery store on your way to the hotel.

MCazer
06-19-2004, 02:42 PM
They do sell SILK, as we alway have to buy it for my daughter.

Also, just an FYI, they have come out with SILK boxes with a straw (Just like juice boxes) and they do not have to be refigerated.

We will be carrying them on our next vacation, and then put them on ice for her to drink!

BitsnBearsMom
06-21-2004, 01:21 PM
Glad to hear I'm not way off base planning for that much..... we aren't drinkers so that saves us big.... and I thought we would have some brekie foods in the room to have before we hit the parks (except the 1 or 2 character brekies we are planning)

Can't wait to go.... is it October yet?????:Pinkbounc :bounce: ::MickeyMo