PDA

View Full Version : Renting Pal Mickey Question

bobcat
06-17-2004, 11:48 PM
My kids have money saved up for a pal mickey but my daughter mentioned renting him first to see if they like him enough to spend $60 . (She's my budget minded girl!) Can we rent him using our room key money? If you rent and decide not to buy how long will it take for the charge to be reversed? Or do they only charge you per day and only charge your card when he isn't returned?

swilshire
06-18-2004, 06:06 AM
If I bought one, I'd want a brand new one, not a cleaned up rental. Hopefully they'd let you swap the rental for a new one.

JMHO.

Sheila

travelin' tigger
06-18-2004, 09:26 AM
I picked him up at AK on Sunday around 9:30am. They activated him and gave me the paperwork. He was alot of fun and very informative, but I decided to wait to buy.

Anyway, the next day I was at MGM and returned him before noon (that way I wasn't charged for a second day). I was charged $8 plus tax.

Definitely recommend renting. If you decide to buy, take him to a store that sells him and they'll give you a brand new one and just charge you the price of Pal Mickey - no additional rental fee.

Have fun!!! :teeth:

bobcat
06-18-2004, 12:12 PM
travelin' tigger did they put a hold on your card for the entire amount of Pal Mickey when you rented him?

travelin' tigger
06-18-2004, 12:21 PM
so I didn't have a room charge, but did have to produce a credit card. I think they charge the full amount when you first rent, then deduct the difference when you turn it in. That way if you decide to keep it, it's already paid for (I think!).

HopperFan
06-18-2004, 04:21 PM
We bought one a few weeks ago.

It was explained to us and they had a sign up (onsite hotel) that we could rent for one day $12, if two days I think it went to $10 per day, three or more it was $8 per day. They took a deposit of $60 (cost of buying) so if you did not return they were paid. I guess when you turn it back in you got whatever change from your rental, which depends on how long you kept him. There was a specific turn in time deadline, so he recommended if we rent, we wait until the am to pick it up.

:earsboy: