PDA

View Full Version : here goes.............nothing????

Deesknee
06-17-2004, 11:05 PM
Okay, I'll try this. Kind of nervous. I've never done any type of "journal" diet or anything like this.

Here's me ..... 41 yrs. mom of 13yo triplets and a 10month old. I wife of DH daughter of nerotic loving mom. also of loving dad...etc.

I have always struggled with my weight thinking as a kid I was HUGE mainly becaus DB's teased me as I was the only girl. As a teenager it hung with me ( although pictures I look fine, never thought I was.) Finally apprx. 5yrs ago became happy with my weight. Mostly due to nerves(long story) I went from a size snug 16 to a snug 8. However I also started smoking (please no tongue lashings.) but mentally I felt wonderful. Then the surpise package came along (we call her Morgan). As soon as I found out I was pregnant I quit smoking (pkg every one or two days). I gained apprx 32lbs for the total pregnancy. Now the problem, I can't lose that 22lbs I really want to lose. I'm in a snug 12 right now. There is no doubt in my mind if I start smoking again I'll lose it. (stress eater, as well as comfort eater). I excersize as much as possible, I try to do 2 miles a day as well as housecleaning daily and every day life. It just won't come off. I have my darling nephews wedding next month, I would love to lose some for. But really I want to lose for our next trip to dis. I hate looking back on video and pictures of me with the triplets before I lost that enitial weight.

Well, thanks for hearing me out. I'm really going to try this . Please could someone explain a little to me. Do you all log in ea. day? or less often?

Thank you so much. And I wish luck and contentment to each of you.

Deesknee::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl:

LAinSEA
06-18-2004, 12:44 AM
Deesknee: you log in whenever you like or need to. I use my journal to vent, to celebrate, to talk to myself - so my family, friends and coworkers don't think I'm crazy.

Journaling helps you to see progress even when the scale doesn't cooperate. Call it a "mental measuring tape".

My question for you is - why are you doing this? If all you want is a quick weight loss for a wedding, then go ahead and smoke if it will help you get there. (This from a non-smoker with asthma.) If your goal is to be healthier, weigh less, be there for your children and someday for their children, then you've got to find a lifestyle plan that works for you and live with it. That may be a specific way of eating (I eat low-carb), getting daily excercise and staying away from things that could harm you (cigarettes). Do you want your kids to be healthy too? They learn by example and that example is you.

OK, enough lecturing! (I've gone back to school to be a teacher...) If you need advice, a shoulder to cry on, a hug or a great big pat on the back - I am here for you.

-Laurie:sunny:

AuroraluvsPhillip
06-23-2004, 07:23 PM
Hi and welcome,

I'm from MA too, we are probably neighbors! When I smoked, I was thin as a rail, because when I was stressed, needed comfort, bored etc., I smoked! I quit finally in 1987 after my son was born, I felt guilty smoking around him...

The best way to lose weight is strength training, anyone can do it, you can be in the worst physical shape possible and you can still lift weights. Try reading Miriam Nelson's books "Strong Women Stay Young" and "Strong Women Stay Thin". (I think those are the titles) Very sensible advice about the benefits of strength training for women. It's a good place to start and as you become stronger and more fit, you can add in cardio to lose more weight.

Good luck on your journey....we're all in it together...