PDA

View Full Version : Are there pool curfews?

Jillpie
06-17-2004, 09:16 PM
First time cruiser...on the Wonder, do they close the pool at a certain time at night?

CM_Mom
06-17-2004, 10:40 PM
Mickey's Pool 7:am - 10:00pm
Mickey Slide - times vary
Goofy's Pool 6:00am - 12:00 midnight
Quiet Cove (adult pool) 6:00am - 12:00 midnight

These are general times. They close the Goofy Pool when they have a deck party such as Sail Away or Tropicalifragilistic so times will vary somewhat.

Pool times are listed on the back page of each day's Navigator. Check out www.dcltribute.com/navigators/

Jillpie
06-17-2004, 10:41 PM
thanks a bunch!

jrabbit
06-18-2004, 12:12 PM
You CAN go really late at night (read that to mean early AM), the only problem is that there isn't any water in the pools then. :smooth:

Jillpie
06-18-2004, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by jrabbit
You CAN go really late at night (read that to mean early AM), the only problem is that there isn't any water in the pools then. :smooth:

Not sure what you mean by "there isn't any water", do they drain them at night?

kcashner
06-18-2004, 02:28 PM
They drain and clean the pools at night.

jrabbit
06-18-2004, 03:32 PM
Not sure what you mean by "there isn't any water", do they drain them at night? Yep, they are drained and cleaned at night.

You can usually tell when the pools are empty. On the stateroom tv's one of the channels will give you the weather conditions and the temperature of the pools. When a pools water temp is the same as the outside air temp, the pool is empty (most of the time).

Jillpie
06-18-2004, 08:32 PM
wow, this is interesting. Why do they find it necessary to drain them every single night? The resorts don't do that.

CM_Mom
06-18-2004, 11:30 PM
Are the pools at the resorts ever as crowded as the Goofy or Mickey pools are?

We all know how obsessive DCL is about cleanliness and health safety. They do lots of stuff that isn't strictly "necessary" just to be sure we all have a Magical or Wonderful time.

I know they have a cleaning crew that comes in the Club and Lab after the CMs leave every night to clean those spaces over and above what the CMs do during the day.

I think it's all part of DCL's attention to detail and I think we'd all agree no one does details like Disney.

ThreeCircles
06-18-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by CM_Mom
Are the pools at the resorts ever as crowded as the Goofy or Mickey pools are?

We all know how obsessive DCL is about cleanliness and health safety. They do lots of stuff that isn't strictly "necessary" just to be sure we all have a Magical or Wonderful time.

I know they have a cleaning crew that comes in the Club and Lab after the CMs leave every night to clean those spaces over and above what the CMs do during the day.

I think it's all part of DCL's attention to detail and I think we'd all agree no one does details like Disney.

Very well said CM_Mom! ::yes::

jrabbit
06-21-2004, 01:20 PM
Why do they find it necessary to drain them every single night? The resorts don't do that. We all know how obsessive DCL is about cleanliness and health safety. They do lots of stuff that isn't strictly "necessary" just to be sure we all have a Magical or Wonderful time. Just take a look in the Goofy Pool about 4pm and then compare that to the adult pool at the same time. 'Nuff said:crazy2:

TheWog
06-21-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by jrabbit
Just take a look in the Goofy Pool about 4pm and then compare that to the adult pool at the same time. 'Nuff said:crazy2:

I'm with ya brotha :teeth: