PDA

View Full Version : not going to shows?what would you do?

huckster
06-17-2004, 05:45 PM
we have early seating have been on the 4 daycruise.. i love the shows wouldnt miss Golden Mickeys .. but if i was to not go to the others were doing a 3 day .. how sad would i be? i hate making these choices.. my gd 10is going and may want to stay at the lab? should i make him go? dd is 16 will she be sad if she chooses not to go? what would you do?
Thanks šoš
ps dd and gs have never been on the cruise
yet just me and dh went last time

kcashner
06-17-2004, 06:22 PM
There are lots of other activities going on--consult the Navigator. There are movies in the Buena Vista theatre, somtimes things happening on deck 9....time to go to the spa, Rainforest....the work out area tends to be deserted....take a walk on the deck at sunset, let the wind blow thru your hair on deck 10 forward....make your own fun!

sters
06-17-2004, 07:12 PM
I'll bet the pools are uncrowded.

CM_Mom
06-17-2004, 11:03 PM
Hercules the Muse-ical was hilarious. I wouldn't miss it, especially if you've seen most of the Disney movies. Very tongue in cheek but well done....after all this is Disney. And I liked Disney Dreams also. We were on the 5/1 Magic and I think even if I went on a cruise again soon, I'd make sure to see the show.

However, the walk on the desk at sunset with DH sounds like a wonderful idea. We skipped Who Wants to be a Mousketeer to watch the Islands go by as we left St Thomas.

natdencro
06-18-2004, 06:12 AM
As we had seen all the shows before, we only went to a couple this year. Golden Mickeys was pretty good, but still not like Disney Dreams - which was the best. Disappointed with Hercules, as we couldnt hear all the characters' script. Also, teenager Herc was TWICE THE SIZE of the Adult Herc! Think they need to re-cast. Either that, or Adult Herc hasnt been eating his dinners! Plenty of other things to do on board, or you can just get a glass of wine and watch the sunset from top deck. BLISS. Nat:Pinkbounc

TheWog
06-18-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by sters
I'll bet the pools are uncrowded.

hehehehehehehehe :tongue:

you probably wouldn't be terribly disappointed. Do what you can do and enjoy. As long as you are having a good time you won't be disappointed. We didn't see Golden Mickey's or Hercules and don't feel slighted or that we missed out. Have fun.

princess Snow
06-18-2004, 09:38 AM
The hot tubs are great at night. Not many people go there at night, so it's really quiet.

mmouse37
06-18-2004, 09:53 AM
Since we are repeat cruisers and have seen the shows a zillion times my teens ususally choose not to go to shows...they take nap time instead and meet us at dinner. How come kids that would never take a nap when I wanted them to...all of a sudden love their naps now!!!

MJ

CM_Mom
06-18-2004, 06:53 PM
It's a disease called "Perversity in Teenagers" that's the sucessor to Perversity in Babies (always poop in their diaper JUST as you go out the door or throw up the first night you have a baby sitter).

justmestace
06-18-2004, 07:15 PM
We didn't see all the shows on our first cruise. DS age 8 at the time, fell asleep, so DH stayed with him.
DD & I went around the near-empty ship (most people are at the shows or dinner) and made a video tour. It is so wonderful to watch it now. We went all over, and it is still one of the best memories I have of the cruise, as it was so spontaneous, peaceful, and fun.

cavaor
06-20-2004, 03:44 PM
We didnt care for the Hercules Show so didn't try out any of the other shows. Found there was plenty of other things to do none the less and don't feel I missed anything.