PDA

View Full Version : Category 4 or 6?

Farms
06-17-2004, 02:46 PM
Last time we cruised, we were in a category 4 for the land/sea(family w/ verandah). This time, we're trying to save a bit of money and hoping to add a few more days in WDW. We're still planning on doing the 3/4 land and sea. For those of you who have stayed in category 6 (w/ verandah) cabins, what did you think? Should we put out the extra $$ and go for category 4 or save it and spend it elsewhere and stay in category 6. HELP!!!!

TheWog
06-17-2004, 03:14 PM
We were a family of 3 and had plenty of room. Never been in a 4, but don't need to be either. Was very happy with the verandah and the split bathroom. I would go with the 6 and spend the extra money on souveniers or save it like you want to. Definitely a good buy.

HooKooDooKu
06-17-2004, 03:15 PM
Unless you need the extra bed because you have 5 people, I don't see the point of Cat 4. You're spending over $100 PER DAY so that you get a cabin that has enough space to fit a bed (and a bed that blocks your verandah at that).

kcashner
06-17-2004, 04:44 PM
We had plenty of room in a 6. Sorry, never stayed in a 4 (didn't want to spend the $ and didn't need the extra bed.) The only advantage I see to a 4 is the 5th bed, and you pay dearly for it. I'd go for more WDW!

DrCavin
06-17-2004, 05:10 PM
We have never been in a cat 4 either. Disney shows 304 sq ft for the cat 4 & 268 sq ft for the cat 6. That is not a big difference, like a previous poster said the size of a bed is about what it comes out to be.

Guess you will have to decide if they difference in price is worth it to you for the extra space.

We stayed in a Cat 6 & it was fine. The split bath is a MUST if there are more than 2 of you.

jrabbit
06-17-2004, 07:01 PM
If you need a room with a view, why not save a lot of money and go for a cat 9 (from about 1/3 to 1/2 the price of a cat 4). You're only on the ship a few days and you probably won't be spending that much time on the veranda. There's lots of common areas outside that you can sit and enjoy the ocean.

Denise W
06-17-2004, 07:13 PM
We have stayed in both a Cat 4 and a Cat 6 with 4 people. The Cat 4 is about 3 feet longer so that there is room for the murphy bed to fold down in front of the verandah door. We didn't use that bed, so it made no difference to us, but the extra 3 feet of room was not very noticeable. We were very happy in the Cat 6, and have one reserved for our next cruise. Unless you need room for 5 people, I would go with the Cat 6.

Denise

MrsPotatoHead
06-17-2004, 10:14 PM
Last year we were 3 adults in a Category 4... me, my DH, and my sister. This year we were 2 adults in a Category 6 (just me and my sister). We really didn't notice much of a difference between the two rooms, but maybe it's hard to compare the two since we had one less person in the room this year.

Overall, I think the only thing we really commented on all week was that the storage trunk was only half as wide in the Cat. 6 as in the Cat. 4. We kind of missed that little bit of extra storage space, but not enough to pay extra for it! We really liked our room on Deck 6, and found the location more convenient than being on Deck 8. It's easier to take the stairs up OR down from Deck 6, as you're usually only going up or down 2 or 3 flights from Deck 6 to wherever you're going (whereas we waited for elevators more often when we were on Deck 8).

I was worried that going from a 4 to a 6 this year would be "difficult" but it was really no big deal at all! :)