PDA

View Full Version : Need your opinion on DCL transfers

mhb
06-17-2004, 11:51 AM
Well, I just booked my transfers from the airport to the ship and was told that there was another way to go. It was called the Yellow Bus. Has anyone ever used this service? The cost is about $65.00 less. That can but some souvenirs. ::yes::

Thanks for any help!!:wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave:

mark & sandra
06-17-2004, 04:37 PM
I'm not sure if you have checked into car rentals. We rented from Avis for a 1 day, 1 way rental from MCO to the Port. The cost was 26.00 to the port and 44.00 back to the airport. We could make whatever stops along the way at our leisure and then Avis will shuttle you to the port at no charge...Mark

mhb
06-17-2004, 04:40 PM
Thanks Mark, but we really didn't want to rent a car. I was hoping to just jump on the bus. See we fly in on the day we cruise:mad: and fly out the day we get back:( Anyway I was just wondering if the Yellow bus was on time/ reliable? anything else someone may know.

Thanks Michelle:wave: :sunny: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave:

kcashner
06-17-2004, 05:32 PM
There are several limo services that will take you to the port...or back and forth to WDW. Happy limo, Tiffany limo, FL limo.....etc. THe advantage is that they will leave on YOUR time schedule, not DCL's....The "break even" point price wise is 3 people. If there are 3 of you, private limo and DCL transfers are just about the same price. 2 people, DCL is cheaper. More than 3, you'll save $ going private. THere is a link to Happy limo from ********************** including a discount coupon.

mhb
06-17-2004, 08:56 PM
kcashner: Thanks for the link but it didn't come through. We have 5 people in our family and 13 total if I remember correctly flying down together.

Thanks for all the help. Still looking for someone that took the Yellow Bus.

:wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave:

invaderzim
06-17-2004, 09:11 PM
Never heard of the yellow bus. However, tiffanytowncars.com, happylimo.com or ********************** all have wonderful prices to rent a van. It would be a lot less to rent a van or limo for the price it would cost to pay $50 roundtrip DCL transfers per person! And you can reserve ahead and they will be waiting for you at the airport and when you return.

scrapperjill
06-18-2004, 04:29 AM
Never heard of the Yellow bus...but just wanted to add that most of the car services have large vans and strech suvs including a stretch hummer that will hold 20 people...yes 20 people. So since you have so many in your group..if you split the cost per person....it may work our well...I think it was Happy Limo where I saw the hummer...but the others may have it also.

TheWog
06-18-2004, 08:11 AM
MEARS also has buses that are yellow, but don't say Disney on the side. Not sure if this is what they were referring to, but don't know if it would be cheaper or why.

ClarabelleCow
06-18-2004, 09:11 AM
we are doing DCL transfers to the port, but from the port to WDW and from WDW to MCO, I havent decided yet. Probably will do Tiffany, because we have used them in the past, and have always had a great experience.