PDA

View Full Version : DisneyQuest

ejj234
06-16-2004, 08:55 PM
My husband and three older children would like to spend a few hours at DisneyQuest. What I'm unsure of is if they need admission to the park and then the ticket for DisneyQuest on top of that, or if they can go to DisneyQuest without using one of our park days. I thought this would be a good activity for one of the "down days" if I could avoid using up a park day by doing so. Thanks!

Chadsgirl44
06-16-2004, 09:10 PM
Disney Quest requires a separate admission than your park tickets. You can purchase them at DQ. If you purchased UPH's then you can go to Disney Quest as many times as you like - it is included. It does not require a "day" off of your ticket as DQ is in Downtown Disney on the Westside. My family goes at least twice ever trip and we love it!

ejj234
06-16-2004, 10:20 PM
We purchased the regular park hopper plus tickets. Does DisneyQuest count towards that limit?

sweetheart2576
06-16-2004, 11:08 PM
You will have to get a separate disney quest ticket, the plus options or regular days cannot be used towards disney quest. I wish it was.

Muziqal
06-17-2004, 12:50 AM
We were there in May and a few times they halfed the price about 2 hours before they closed on Friday and Saturday nights (just a sign outside the entrance advertising the special). If you don't mind going late, I would suggest this if you don't have admission in your pass.

mad4themouse
06-17-2004, 10:40 AM
Check Ticketmania.com (http://www.ticketmania.com/discounttickets.shtml) for reduced prices on DQ passes. If you get the Mousesavers.com Newsletter, Ticketmania has even better prices than they do on their website. The newletter has a special link in it that takes you to the Ticketmania page with the MouseSavers' specials.

My kids (14 & 12) love DQ and can spend hours there! DH and I just find a nice spot in the Wonderland Café to call homebase and we relax there. There are computers for internet access in some of the booths. You can log onto the DISboards from them! I suggest getting there as close to opening time to snag one of the booths. They go quickly and don't turnover very fast b/c a lot of people do the same thing that we do.

Lambert808
06-17-2004, 11:21 AM
Probably another silly question from me, but are the games all free once you get in, or do you also pay for each game? We have the 7 for 5 deal for when we go.

LIFERBABE
06-17-2004, 11:33 AM
My Dh and 2 boys love DQ so much, that I upgraded the one day passes I purchased from Ticketmania into DQ AP's for them while we were there. They went several times for a couple of hours at a time. I have an AP so that would be my time to visit the parks and do the "girly" things.

There is a small section of games that require you buy a card to play them. These are "Chuck E Cheese" style games that give tickets to redeem for prizes.

There is also the CreateZone where you can take animation classes, make a music recording, make a face, draw a picture, and you can buy copies of what you make.

The AP wasnt really that expensive, and they will use it next year before it expires.

tiger5
06-17-2004, 02:55 PM
DQ admission is also included on the Fun in the Sun passes. The FITS pass is only good for 21 days after first use, but admission to DQ contributed to my purchasing them.

ejj234
06-17-2004, 11:56 PM
I have 5 day php tickets. We are spending 2 days at MK, and one at each of the other parks. That uses up our 5 days. I will buy the DQ tickets from ticketmania (Mousesavers price) but want to know if we have to use one of our park days to access downtown disney or if we can just go there without affecting our park days.

CheapMom
06-18-2004, 07:45 AM
all you need to get in is the dq tix. no park passes required. you go to dd shopping area and the entrance to DQ is on the west side near cirque. We went yesterday and it was a full fun packed day (7 hours.) My kids (7 & 8) had a blast. Pretty much everything is free except souveniers and food.
you will enjoy a day in the ac- the weather down here is hot &
humid

ejj234
06-18-2004, 08:26 AM
Many thanks for all your help. Is there any point in taking a 4 year old or should we find something else to do while the "big kids" play?

CheapMom
06-22-2004, 04:13 PM
It is geared for the older kids but there are some fun things- we took our 1 year old and he liked all the lights... we were there for over 6 hours and he seemed to like it- the little one can go on a virtual jungle cruise- play at Sids build a toy workshop, manipulate her own picture on magic mirror, play ski ball... that said- a little one would probably enjoy something else more.

SAWYERMAW1
06-23-2004, 09:10 AM
Your 4 year old would enjoy just visiting Downtown Disney. The lego store has a large play yard with legos for building. There's lots to see and they also have several areas of jumping water. Take a towel and dry clothes and let him/her have a blast! Also, my grandkids enjoy eating at Rain Forest too.

nuzmom
06-23-2004, 02:43 PM
First of all, we love Disney Quest. We took our 3 1/2 year old there on last trip, but it was included with our passes. He loved it. Yeah, we helped with some of the stuff, but almost everything is included in the price, so who cares if he doesn't "win" or whatever. We went to just let him have fun with no pressure to do the games 100% "right" or whatever. I think his favorite was the jungle raft cruise. If I remember correctly, there were dinosaurs or something in it and it splashed water.

We are returning to WDW in September and are taken both of our DS. Son #2 will be 3 1/2 for this trip and will be going to DQ with the rest of us.

Oh, by the way, my 75 year old mom was AMAZED at DQ!!!!

However, if you really don't feel like spending the $18 or whatever to see IF your child would like it, spend the time at Downtown Disney. I agree 100% that the Lego store's play area is great.

Enjoy.

CheapMom
06-23-2004, 02:54 PM
The only problem is that your older kids will have hours and hours of entertainment while DD will provide some amusement (Legoland and Once Upon A toy especially) it is really just shopping. Maybe there will be a good movie playing at the theatre there and one person can take the little squirt to a flick. Speaking of Squirt- if the weather is hot bring the 4 year old's swimsuit- at DD they have a squirting play area- lots of fun. Also someone could take the little one on a ferry ride to Port Orleans- The French Quarter resort has a lot of cute statues and a mardi gras themed swimming pool with a serpent slide- There is towel issue right at the pool and bathrooms with showers, nice food court...
(free ferry rides depart every 20-30 minutes- It takes about 15 minutes to get to POFQ)