PDA

View Full Version : any reports on staterooms 1075/1077

cepmom
06-16-2004, 08:48 PM
After much consideration, I have asked my TA to change our cat 4 stateroom to two cat 10 rooms. I was offered 2 rooms on deck 2, aft or 2 rooms on deck one, midship. I chose the rooms on deck one (1075/1077) because of some negative reports of noise on deck two. Just looking for reports on these two rooms. How was the noise level? DH was resistant to changing rooms because of fear of noise from machinery etc, but I wanted the extra space of two rooms (the extra savings was nice too!!:D ) Please tell me I've made the right choice!! I don't want to be any more of a pain to the TA than I already have been!!!

BLBCB
06-16-2004, 09:06 PM
We are booked into cabins right there too. I am anxious to see what people have thought about these cabins. I figure we won't be in our cabins much anyway, just to sleep. I have read on here that level 1 is handy because you don't have to worry about stairs or elevators when you come back onboard. I haven't heard anything though about noise or other things. Hopefully someone will tell us about staying in these cabins!

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Carol36
06-16-2004, 10:08 PM
My sister stayed and her family stayed in those two rooms on the May 23, 2004 Wonder and loved them. She said that they were so quiet and she really liked deck 1 because there aren't as many rooms. I hope this helps you both.

Carol:sunny:

ann-e-mator
06-16-2004, 11:03 PM
We stayed in room 1070 last year and had no problem.... we heard no noise at all... of course we were sooooo tired, we didn't even hear our daughter come in after hanging out with the teens...!

But seriously, it was a great place to stay, and the elevators are always empty when want them....

cepmom
06-17-2004, 06:41 AM
Thanks for your replies...it is reassuring to hear some good reports on these rooms. We really did want a verandah room, but with 5 of us I started stressing about being cramped and only having one shower between us! I had to do a lot of convincing to get DH to agree to switch to cat 10 and I was so nervous that the rooms would be noisy and he would be upset! Thank you!!!

Mermaid02
06-17-2004, 07:16 AM
Stayed in 1072 THREE years ago (need to go again!) and we really liked the location. You could get to Deck 3 using the stairs and didn't have to wait for the elevator.

natdencro
06-17-2004, 02:18 PM
We also enjoyed our deck 1 cabin. Close to the exit gangway and very quiet location. Just be careful when throwing back the curtains in ports! Forgot to close the net curtain and gave some poor cleaning guy a shock in one port. Shall make sure Im dressed properly next time before drawing curtains! Nat:Pinkbounc

KappaSigHero
09-04-2014, 05:47 PM
BUMP!

We were in Room 1077 in May 2013 and loved it. I posted some pics in my incomplete trip report. There's very little motion, and not much noise at all. I noticed some noise when leaving or entering the port, but it was minimal and only noticed when we were awake. We slept like babies in that room, and have booked it and 1075 for next May.

KappaSigHero
09-04-2014, 05:48 PM
One extra thing- 1077 has a steamer cabin if you enjoy a little extra storage.