PDA

View Full Version : captain marvins or nativeway for excursion??

inluvwithpluto
06-16-2004, 08:13 PM
Hi,
Which would you choose to do the stingray excursion in grand cayman, captain marvins or native way ? any input would be appreciated.
thanks

traycie2201
06-17-2004, 06:56 AM
I've read fantastic reports on both, nativeway now have a special price online for cruisers , we've booked with them and can't wait. Have a wonderful time

Cinderelly516
06-17-2004, 12:25 PM
I cant say anyhting about native way not having used them, but we were on the May 22 cruise and had a great time on Captain Marvins. They made three stops including sting ray city and there was a not to many people on board and the crew members were great making sure you got to hold and kiss the sting rays, etc. They also film it so if you want to buy a DVD of the trip at the end you can. We bought the DVD and have really enjoyed watching it when we got back:p Hope that helps

two4ruff
06-17-2004, 03:09 PM
Loved Capt Marvins and would use them again in a hearbeat if I had the chance!:p

appink
06-17-2004, 03:12 PM
A bunch of us going on the 7/31 Western just booked with Captain Marvins. I have only heard good things about them.

Can't wait.

Hollyster2
06-17-2004, 03:30 PM
I have never booked an excursion on my own and not through a ship. How do I book one through Captain Marvins? Do I give my itinerary and they tell me what times are available? I would like someone to tell me their experience before I call. Thank you

4nana
06-17-2004, 06:48 PM
We booked Nativeway on line, I think it was $30pp for 1/2 hr to 45 min. at the sandbar and same amt time at Coral Reef. Sharon Banks (owner) met us early morn at dock, then her bus driver took us to the boat. We only had 6 people, with 2 guides. It made for a great time with lots of personal attention. The guides taught us about stingrays, help us to feed, also swam with us and took pix. Even furnished drinks and snacks. Had us back to the ship by 1 ish and we were free for rest of day. Definitely one the the highlites of our crusie! Enjoy!

~ Sandie