PDA

View Full Version : Palo's reservations...

ann-e-mator
06-16-2004, 06:53 PM
Just curious... how difficult is it to get Palo reservations on the 7 day cruise... we got ours with no problem on the 4 day cruise, but heard others have had to be waitlisted... Has anyone out there been waitlisted for Palo's on the 7 day, and not get accomodated? How long were you on the ship before trying to make the reservations?

As a second time cruiser, it is my only stress...we are taking my parents not just as first time cruisers, but as first time travellers!!! and we would really like them to get a chance to dine at Palo's...

alexandrew
06-16-2004, 07:30 PM
If you make reservations early enough, there is virtually no chance you will be waitlisted, particularly on the 7-day - obviously since there are more nights available...from what I have read here, reservations are now accepted immediately upon boarding at 12 noon...If dining at Palo is a priority to you, as it always is for DW and I, make it a point to get to the reservations area early (Beat ST area on deck 3)...Not so much for the risk of being waitlisted, but for getting the reservation day and time you really want....

kcashner
06-17-2004, 07:38 PM
We've done 10 cruises on the Magic. Never had a problem getting Palo reservations, and have even gotten our first choice nite all except one time.

It really isn't a problem on the 7 day. I think this board makes it seem like a bigger deal than it is. That said, I always arrive no later than noon.

natdencro
06-18-2004, 07:36 AM
If you cant get reservations when you embark, then phone Palo's each morning: they get lots of "no shows" and cancellations. You will generally be able to dine there. Good Luck. Nat:Pinkbounc

Lew
06-18-2004, 08:02 AM
We're traveling with another couple and their child...we have two separate cabins. We would like to dine at the Palo brunch together.

My questions:[list=1] Can one of us make a reservation for four people for brunch even though there are only two in our cabin? Does a representative of each cabin need to present to make a reservation for four?

Can I make two separate dinner reservations...one for us and one from them...without them being present? Does one person from their cabin need to be present to make their dinner reservation?
[/list=1]Thanks...

TheWog
06-18-2004, 08:07 AM
Get the REAS package for you and your husband and you can make Reservations ahead of time and can ask to include your parents at the table.

misty9960
06-18-2004, 09:56 PM
We didn't make reservations until about 6:00 on Saturday evening after boarding the ship. We didn't have any problems getting brunch or dinner reservations. Don't worry. I had people tell me that if you didn't get there early you wouldn't be able to get reservations. Not so! We even considered at one point buying the RES package. So glad we didn't! Good Luck!:goodvibes

ann-e-mator
06-18-2004, 10:54 PM
You guys have made me feel much better and have given me one less thing to stress over...

THANKS!!!:earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: