PDA

View Full Version : Menus On The Magic

BMURPHY02
06-16-2004, 05:08 PM
does anyone have any idea were i can fine some up to date menus for the western cruise

Lloyd Dobler
06-16-2004, 05:31 PM
Dave has them on his site at:

http://www.dcltribute.com/menus/western.htm

RickW
06-16-2004, 06:02 PM
The menus on Dave's site are links to the DCL Website and those menus are somewhat out-of-date. Barb has more updated menus on her site at "castaway club.com" (remove the space).

goin2disneyagain
06-16-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by RickW
DCL tells you over & over "Don't worry, you'll never see these people again." But that doesn't mean that you won't be made fun of on the DIS.

I don't have anything to add about the menus but I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this. :)

BMURPHY02
06-17-2004, 03:18 PM
i dont see what is so funny!!!!

goingbacksoon
06-17-2004, 03:23 PM
********************** <----- censored (no spaces)

www. castaway club .com <---- uncensored (spaces)

Now that's funny!

goingbacksoon

Zandy595
06-17-2004, 04:44 PM
The menus on Dave's site are links to the DCL Website and those menus are somewhat out-of-date.

They are? I didn't know that. I always thought Dave scanned them and put them on his site himself.

AKB
06-17-2004, 05:52 PM
I always thought that Dave's site and Barb's site were the same with navigators and menus?

RickW
06-17-2004, 11:40 PM
I see that there was a bit of confusion on this thread.
It looks like goin2disneyagain originally quoted the wrong "funny" thing, and that original quote wasn't so funny. (Although far be it from me to pass judgement on my own sig)

Anyway, to goin2disneyagain:
I came up with that quote after I took a friendly jab at a fellow DIS board member who was on the same cruise as we were. She was participating in a game in the Promenade lounge and as part of the game had to sing part of the song "Purple People Eater". Anyway, Disney tries to get people involved in activities by telling them that it won't matter since they won't see any of the people again, but those of us on the DIS will remember you.

About the menus:
Yep, it's true, the menus on Dave's site are links to the Disney website and are out-of-date. In fact, here is a quote from his site: Note: All menu links on this page link directly to the Disney Cruise Line web site. All menus are in PDF format.
Some of the differences between the old menus and the updated menus on Barb's site are:
- The new menus now list the Appetizers and Salads separately, indicating that they expect you to get one of each. The old menu just had them lumped together under "Starters"
- The new menus list the "recommended" dishes.
- The new menus list the bread
- The new menus list the actual "Lighter Fare" and Vegetarian selections, instead of just saying that they are available.

The menus on Dave's site are from May 2002, and the ones on Barbs site are mostly from May 2003.