PDA

View Full Version : Hotwire Cancelled ME!!

MEM
06-16-2004, 02:20 PM
Hotwire savings club cancelled my membership the same day I signed up and ordered my Q&C vouchers. Apparently my e-mailbox was filled with spam and their confirmation e-mail was returned. I appreciate their efforts to prevent fraud, but after speaking with 2 staff persons and their managers, they cannot figure out a way to re-instate my membership.

Isn't this a little bizarre? Did this happen to anyone else?

djm99
06-16-2004, 02:41 PM
Yeah they cancelled me once when I changed banking accounts. I called within days to have my account with them transferrred to my new bank and was told that I couldn't. I was told that their system is set up to only allow one account (ONCE) per phone number and home address. So I had to resubmit a "application"online using my cell phone number and my mothers address (yes getting my tickets, and vouchers were that deep). Then once I got the account I went online after a week or so and changed my address (because your address must match credit card info). Sounds complicated but it wasn't!!!

sln88
06-16-2004, 02:51 PM
I thought the credit card had to match the addy too, but last time I ordered some tix for my nephew in law, he wanted me to use his CC, so I figured I would try it and it worked. They were still sent to my addy. I thought that was really bizarre and not very safe for them to let me order on someone else's card.

Fooz
06-17-2004, 09:19 AM
Since you guys are in the club, could you tell me how much 7 day park hopper plus tickets are, I'm thinking about signing up and was wondering if it was worth it. Thanks for any info!!

Cyndo723
06-17-2004, 09:46 AM
7day PHP adult: $302.90
7day PHP child: $242.51

Fooz
06-17-2004, 09:52 AM
Thanks, those are pretty good prices!!

MEM
06-17-2004, 11:20 AM
I tried to re-join using my cell phone number and the second half of my two-family home's address. I thought for sure it would reject me because my e-mail is the same. Alas! It let me re-join and order my Q&C vouchers. Thanks djm! Now we'll have to see if I get my vouchers, this time.

Kerlynne
06-17-2004, 07:18 PM
:wave:
Cyndo723: can you tell me more about this club. Because those rates you gave, even with adding tax, are better than what i can get at SOG, and that doesn't seem to happen often.
And does this have anything to do with what I have read on here about the charter club, or is that something different?