PDA

View Full Version : Using Disney Dollars

septbride2002
06-16-2004, 09:46 AM
Our cruise is in May 2005 - one way DH and I like to save up is to set aside $80 each month and purchase Disney Dollars with it. Given that we have 11 months till the cruise that adds up to quite a bit of dough! :) Plus it gives us an excuse to go to the Disney Store once a month.

Can we use Disney Dollars on the cruise? Or would it be better just to set the cash aside and use that instead?

~Amanda

TheWog
06-16-2004, 09:58 AM
Disney Dollars can be used. They can applied to your onboard account. No cash accepted on the ship other than tips. So save it and bring it. Just apply it and have fun.

septbride2002
06-16-2004, 10:07 AM
So I can save it up and at check in give it to them to use as on board credit?

Sorry - newbie questions here! :)

~Amanda

ldb1030
06-16-2004, 10:14 AM
You can take them to Guest Services on the ship and they will apply to your account for you!::yes::

I gave Disney Dollars to 2 of my sisters for their birthdays and they will be doing that once on board!:hyper:

samoyed
06-16-2004, 10:24 AM
Didn't know you can use disney Dollars to pay your bill at guest services.... Should have done that myself. Anywhere else.... shops bars..etc only uses your KTTW card. No cash accepted... My daughter wanted to buy somthing with her own money... not allowed....had to use the KTTW card.

septbride2002
06-16-2004, 10:30 AM
Very cool! It is time to start saving!

~Amanda

jeanie
06-16-2004, 10:33 AM
When we got onboard we removed the charging privledges from my kids KTTW cards. They stamped a whole in the cards to notify the CMs that they had privs removed. Well they had over 200.00 in Disney dollars that they had receive for B-Day and Christmas and had been saving for the cruise. We didn't realize that it had to be deposited into the shipboard credit in order for them to use it, so they needed charging privs! We were able to add the privs back to their cards but they were already punched so they were always questioned when they went to use the cards...

Long story short, if your kids plan on spending there DD they either need privs or it all goes into one big bill in the end ....

jrabbit
06-16-2004, 11:56 AM
one way DH and I like to save up is to set aside $80 each month and purchase Disney Dollars with it. Thats'a "fun" way to save. If you're buying the Disney Dollars with your Disney VISA thats even better. It takes more discipline but I would be putting the $$ in a savings account until you need it. The hardest part is NOT taking it out for other things before you need it for the cruise.

We've done the following and I recommend everyone else does it too. Get a Disney VISA and use it to pay for you Disney vacations (get 6 month interest free to pay it off). Use it for all of your other credit card purchases too so that you can earn the Disney Reward "Points". As with any credit card - be sure to pay it off in full every month (with the exception of qualifying Disney vacations). If you've got an airline mileage visa you'll have to determine what is the best deal for you.

MamaGriz
06-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Have you noticed this month that the Disney Visa grace period seems to have gone away? What I mean is, I usually pay the bill in full each month to get out of the interest/service fees. This month there was a fee ($1 minimum fee, it said).

Did I miss something?