PDA

View Full Version : disney cruise scrapbook

cathyscrapper
06-15-2004, 07:08 PM
I seem to recall seeing a scrapbook or someone talking about one being sold on the ship. My friend and our families will be on the Sept. 11 cruise and are looking for scrapbook info.

Anyone have a picture of one they bought onboard and what is inside? It seems there is an extra packet too. What is in that? Thanks for the help!!:Pinkbounc

Cathy

WDWLVR
06-15-2004, 07:17 PM
We've bought scrapbooks on our last 3 cruises. They are 8 1/2 x 11 and include page protectors, colored pages, stickers and punch outs. Cost I think is $25.

days-going-so-slow!!
06-15-2004, 07:36 PM
t

days-going-so-slow!!
06-15-2004, 07:40 PM
They have the 8 1/2 X 11 scrapbooks and they also have the 12X12 scrapbooks (I got the 12X12). We bought ours on the May 22, 2004 western. The price was comparable to any scrapbook you could buy at a craft store. It was $28.00 and came with 15 page protectors, about 5 pages of stickers/punch-outs, a few borders and about 10 pieces of construction paper (not card-stock) and it has a 2 sided folder in the back. They are blue and have the year on the front In fact, I am going to have to find someone who will be willing to pick another one up for me if I send them the money. Don't pass your opportunity up to get one or you will regret it later.

cathyscrapper
06-15-2004, 09:46 PM
Do the scrapbooks you bought on the Cruise ships have a Disney Cruise logo / theme, or are they just Disney with the year?

Thanks
Cathy

sojo33
06-15-2004, 10:47 PM
They have the cruise ship logo and I regret not getting one :-(

brack
06-15-2004, 11:54 PM
We bought one on our last cruise in January. It comes with some material. It has a DCL logo on it and is worth every penny. My wife made a great ABC themed scrapbook from this last cruise.

debm
06-16-2004, 12:53 AM
The new Creative Memories Disney scrapbook and "Done with One" pages are really nice too. I used the scrapbook to make a quick overall of our trip for one of my children. It is only a 7x7 size but it is great for him to hold and is very nice with the Mickey head on the front. It is very tastefully done---red with black line borders and Mickey head on the front cover.

The Done with One packet has really nice paper and some diecuts to use on your pages. I did the entire 7x7 album plus pages in another child's album and I still have paper left from it. And it only costs $6.

Just an idea---especially if you are already off the ship and regretting not getting a DCL album!! :)

days-going-so-slow!!
06-16-2004, 11:06 AM
If I knew how to work a scanner I could scan a picture to you. When my husband gets home I will see if I can talk him into scanning the front cover for you to see.

Minnie&Mickey
06-16-2004, 11:28 AM
If someone could tell me how to insert a picture, I'll take one with my digital and post it on here. I just bought it last week and have been kicking myself ever since because I didn't buy the little photo albumn that they also had. The scrapbook now sells for $28 and they seemed to have plenty of them and the additional packet of scrapbook goodies for our entire cruise.

ksjayhawks
06-16-2004, 02:27 PM
They also have an extra packet of pages, stickers, etc. I bought my scrapbook and extra packet right away and am glad that I did. They had some scrapbooks left, but ran out of the extra packets. So, if you want one, get one right away!

The scrapbook also has a "pocket folder" in the back which was a great place to put our navigators!

covereddish
06-16-2004, 02:39 PM
Hey, wonder if any of you would be interested in doing a "swap" for our scrapbooks?

I would love to be in a swap for My Disney Cruise book!

Let me know, and I will work out details!

b

Cruise04
06-17-2004, 11:40 AM
They now have the 12 X 12 scrapbooks????!!!!!! WHOOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! This makes me very happy and now I need to make sure I set aside some money for them. They did NOT have them in July 2003. They only had the "photo albums" in 12 X 12.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

meandmyshadow
06-17-2004, 12:40 PM
What type of album are they - strap hinge, post bound, spiral, etc??

Just wondering if I could transfer DCL pages already in my existing album.

WDWLVR
06-17-2004, 12:41 PM
If anyone has a picture of this years book I'd love to see it.

12 x 12 would be great for adding other things, but 8 1/2 x 11 works great because that is the size of the navigators and I always put them in too.

Minnie&Mickey
06-17-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by WDWLVR
If anyone has a picture of this years book I'd love to see it.

If someone could tell me how to insert a picture, I would be glad to post a picture of it here.

days-going-so-slow!!
06-17-2004, 04:56 PM
Well, as I said before, I would TRY and get my husband to scan a photo but apparently he already packed the scanner. ( We are moving) The cover is blue and it has the navigational star on the front with 2 cruise ships and it says Disney Cruise Line and 2004. Also it says Disney Cruise Line on the binding.

The 12X12 scrapbooks are the metal post kind. (3 posts)

b&bdiscruisers
06-17-2004, 10:30 PM
I've got a picture that I saved off of ebay but I don't know how to post it!

Roemama1
06-17-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by b&bdiscruisers
I've got a picture that I saved off of ebay but I don't know how to post it!

Go to your pic and then left click you'll come up with a menu, click on properties, then when you get the next box and it says the (example) "www.address.com" Copy.

Then reply to this message and insert your website to in between the symbol"" and the other symbol ""

Like this example:""wwww.picofscrapbook...."". (without the quotes of course). Hope this helps.

cathyscrapper
06-18-2004, 10:19 AM
Thanks for all the responses!!! We are so excited about the cruise and scrapbooking the whole thing that we can hardly wait to see what's available on the cruise. Thanks for all the help!!

Cathy:Pinkbounc

Minnie&Mickey
06-18-2004, 03:15 PM
Okay, let's see if this works.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4d839b3127cceb0d9dcfff1610000001610

Sorry that it is a little dark, but every time I tried to use the flash, I got these really weird reflections on it. The cover is a dark blue and it is kind of shiny. Hope this helps.

WDWLVR
06-18-2004, 04:00 PM
That looks really cool - thanks for sharing the photo!

cathyscrapper
06-18-2004, 09:35 PM
Awesome!!!:Pinkbounc

Thanks for the photo!

Cathy

b&bdiscruisers
06-19-2004, 12:14 AM
Roemama1:
I tried what you suggested but it still didn't work! I saved the pic from ebay into "my pictures"folder (jpg file)& it just won't paste into my message!Thank goodness that Minnie&Mickey got her pic to work! It's a very classy scrapbook!

Minnie&Mickey
06-19-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by b&bdiscruisers
Roemama1:
I tried what you suggested but it still didn't work! I saved the pic from ebay into "my pictures"folder (jpg file)& it just won't paste into my message!Thank goodness that Minnie&Mickey got her pic to work! It's a very classy scrapbook!

I couldn't get it to work from the My Pictures folder either, so I uploaded it to one of those free online services (like Shutterfly or OPhoto) and then linked it from there.

april riddle
06-19-2004, 01:59 PM
How many pictures can it hold - I love the photo albums but hate to cut pictures and don't really "scrap book" with the cut outs and everything although like to border my pictures and everything. I plan on taking a ton of pictures - will I need two? what do you think

b&bdiscruisers
06-19-2004, 02:32 PM
I think I did it!! woo-hoo! Here is the pictures of front & back of the scrap album that I down loaded from ebay about a month ago! I think it's the best they've done in years! Very classy.
http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?collid=67106148106&photoid=23206148106&&refreshkey=1087673309557

THANK YOU MINNIE&MICKEY!:Pinkbounc

b&bdiscruisers
06-20-2004, 04:04 PM
april riddle: The typical disney scrapbook comes with colored cardstock & 15 page protectors. They are usually post bound so you can buy extender posts & more page protectors & save yourself money that way & not buy but one scrap album. (Just a suggestion!)
:D

Leahpie
06-22-2004, 12:20 PM
Hello there,

Thanks for the picture of the 2004 cruise scrap book. I was on the May 8th sailing and foolishly did not pick one up. I had already ordered the Creative Memories 7X7 and thought that would work just fine, but I am disappointed in it and would love the 12X12 album.

I have tried every possible means to get one, but they are only available on the ship as per WDW merchandise rep. I keep checking ebay too, but no luck. Just a note, if you bought an extra one you could probably sell it for a good profit on ebay.

Would anyone who is sailing be willing to pick one up for me? I would pay for the shipping and handling to NH as well. I realize this would have to be on the honor system both ways, but I would be willing to try if someone would help me out.

Thanks,

Leahpie

covereddish
06-23-2004, 09:11 AM
Although it is still a few weeks away, I will gladly pick one up for you if no one will before then!

Just let me know!

cathyscrapper
06-23-2004, 10:35 PM
Leahpie

Also not sailing until September, but will gladly pick one up for a fellow scrapbooker. I know how it is when you wish you had gotten something and then can't find it anywhere else. Let me know.:Pinkbounc

Cathy

cpnksteff
06-24-2004, 12:33 PM
Does anyone know if there is a "capture the magic" scrapbook kit for the cruise. I cruised in March and the cast member I asked said they were out of them. I bought the scrapbook and am curious if the kit is different than the insert included in the scrapbook. If anyone could post either a picture or what all is included in the kit, I'd appreciate it.

Finally, does anyone have a 3 ring scrapbook from the parks or cruise from 2000. It is not a true 12 x 12 and I am having problems finding additional page protectors that fit.

I just discovered this board and love it. We've been on 4 cruises, the 3 day, 4 day and an eastern and western and are booked on the 10 day Christmas cruise. (I'll be glad to pick up anything anyone might want when I cruise in Dec)

Thanks for your help, this site is great!

MrsPete
06-24-2004, 02:20 PM
Last year I visited WDW and cruised. The selection of scrapbook materials is much better at Downtown Disney, which stands to reason since they have much more physical space than does the ship. Most of the stuff at both locations is WDW and character-oriented; very little is specific to the cruiseline.

If you like "value packs" of colored cut-outs and stickers with coordinating paper, you'll likely find something you'll enjoy. If you're looking for more creative things sold item by item, you'll be disappointed.

One warning: be careful of the scrapbooks themselves. I bought a 12x12 navy blue scrapbook with Tinkerbelle on the front. I assumed (always a mistake!) that I could add pages to the book to enlarge it. Instead, it has an odd kind of spine make-up; you can take it apart like a post-bound Pioneer scrapbook, but the spine doesn't "grow" if you add more pages, and your posts will be visible. Of course, if you only want 10 pages (perhaps for a character signature book), this isn't a problem!