PDA

View Full Version : ScavengEAR??

NeedsNEscape
06-15-2004, 05:37 PM
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the ScavengEAR hunt? I can't find that in the excursion list. I have seen some posting on it and am wondering if that is something that kids like to do.

thanks!

traycie2201
06-16-2004, 03:55 AM
bump - anyone know ?

Viking
06-16-2004, 06:30 AM
Yup,
we did it last year, but booked it independent from DCL. Try this link: KeyWestHunt (http://www.keywesthunt.com ) .
We had a great time. They did one exclusively for us. It was about 20 bucks per person. Some of us made it walking, some using electric carts, which cost extra of course. I think we were about 40 people. We had matching T-shirts made and fought in teams of four persons each.

Feel free to contact me if you have further questions. Please use the link for Cruisetoberfest provided in my signature.

RIDISNEYLOVERS
06-16-2004, 01:08 PM
I coul dnot access the link, but I do have questions -

Would this be fun for small children (4, 2 1/2 and 1 1/2)?

Also, what types of this do you have to find?

Thanks for the info.

Lisa

cdnmickeylover
06-16-2004, 03:42 PM
We were part of the group that did it with Viking.

We had to solve riddles to get to a place in Key West and then answer a question about it. We also had to look for mascots as well. It took us all over the sites in Key West which was fun but I'm not sure how much fun kids your age would have since it has nothing to do with Disney and some of the places you go into are the bars -- you don't actually have to go inside but we had to find something in the Hardrock Cafe, count the flags someplace else, various things like that. Not really very entertaining for kids but enjoyable for adults.

Hope this helps.

NeedsNEscape
06-16-2004, 06:53 PM
Interesting. The link worked for me:

http://www.keywesthunt.com/

I should have realized that it was not a disney thing. Anyway, I have a DS15 and DS13 who will not be so interested in Hemingway or a trolley trip or the southernmost point and definitely not interested in t-shirt and sandal shopping. the scavenger hunt sounds pretty cool.

Thanks, cdnmickeylover!