PDA

View Full Version : surf and turf at rfc with voucher


mbuck
06-15-2004, 03:17 PM
I keep reading about the surf and turf option at Rainforest Cafe but I do not see it as on option on the menu. How do you get this? Just ask? Will all the servers know about this?

And then to make things more confusing, I see in other messages that you can substitute ribs or coconut shrimp. How does that work?

I am so confused. I have ordered one VKL voucher that I want to split with my husband and two year old. The two year old doesn't eat much so that should not be a problem. Also want to order the best dinner to split between the two of us. Thinking that would be this surf and turf or some version of the surf and turf. Please help.


Thanks in advance.

4greatboys
06-15-2004, 03:59 PM
We have ordered the surf and turf on our last 2 visits. The waiters do know what it is and we never had any problems ordering it. I dont know about substitutions, we never make any. But it certainly doesnt hurt to ask. The vourchers are excellent deal there.

dgaston
06-15-2004, 04:26 PM
Our waiter definitely had ideas about how we could get the largest volume and best value with our voucher. He suggested appetizer, adding the surf to the turf and even which dessert might be good. Don't worry, it'll be fine!

Disbug
06-15-2004, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by mbuck
I keep reading about the surf and turf option at Rainforest Cafe but I do not see it as on option on the menu. How do you get this? Just ask? Will all the servers know about this?

And then to make things more confusing, I see in other messages that you can substitute ribs or coconut shrimp. How does that work?

I am so confused. I have ordered one VKL voucher that I want to split with my husband and two year old. The two year old doesn't eat much so that should not be a problem. Also want to order the best dinner to split between the two of us. Thinking that would be this surf and turf or some version of the surf and turf. Please help.


Thanks in advance.


It is called the Filet and Lobster... not surf and turf. Maybe that is why you couldn't find it? We just got back this weekend and that is what we ordered. The Steak was delicious. The Lobster was a 1/2 Maine Lobster and the shell was so hard to crack (very thick), it had to be sent back to the kitchen! LOL! We had the Shrimp cocktail for our appetizer and while delicious, there were only 6 large shrimp. So for people splitting, the quesadillas might be a better option. I would substitute something else for the lobster next time. Not being a Northerner.. it was too labor intensive for me! The Chocolate Diablo cake was super, too.. for dessert!

TEK224
06-15-2004, 11:01 PM
I've had the steak and lobster the last 2 visits. No problem ordering it at all.

Another good appetizer is the crab dip (with tortilla chips) Yummy!

Terri

mtblujeans
06-17-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Disbug
Not being a Northerner.. it was too labor intensive for me! LOL! What does that mean?? It sounds like it would be a good Tag from the Tag Fairy!! LOL!

Disbug
06-18-2004, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by mtblujeans
LOL! What does that mean?? It sounds like it would be a good Tag from the Tag Fairy!! LOL!

:hyper: ROFLOL! I guess since I'm from Florida, I don't eat much Lobster! (I know when we lived in Rhode Island, we had it quite a bit when I was a kid...)

I'm not sure if I got a typical lobster or not... but that thick shell had me wondering if I would ever get all the meat out! I felt like I had a workout trying to eat that bad boy!

DMRick
06-19-2004, 01:49 AM
The Lobster was a 1/2 Maine Lobster and the shell was so hard to crack (very thick),

hmm..maybe you should have gotten the stuffed lobster and steak (upgraded to the primal!)..nothing to crack..it's just laying there open for you LOL.

By the way, we shared the shrimp cocktail this week also, but also got for free, using our Safari club card, the crab dip and chips..yummy!