PDA

View Full Version : Ebay question..Shipping to Canada

thelittlemermaid
06-15-2004, 01:52 PM
I have been selling on Ebay for quite a while, but I have never shipped anything to Canada.

I just had someone from Canada email me and ask if I would ship an auction that they are interseted in.

Is it really any different then shipping inside the US? Do they still pay the same postage rate as if I was sending the package in the US?

I wanted to find out as much as i can before emailing this person. If it isn't any different, then I might consider it.

TIA!!! :Pinkbounc :wave: :Pinkbounc
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

mckeonfive
06-15-2004, 01:58 PM
You can go to the USPS website and look for international shipping calculator to be sure. Just enter the destination country and the weight of the package. Depending on what you are sending, sometimes something small can fit into the Global Priority flat rate envelope for $5.00, i believe.

Cheshire Figment
06-15-2004, 02:11 PM
Actually, Air Mail (Small Packet) to Canada can be less than Priority Mail. If the item is under 4 pounds you can use "Small Packet".

Also, if it is both under 4 pounds and valued less than $400 you can use the "small" customs form available at the Post Office. This form (CN-22) is green on the left side with a bar coe on the top. Be sure to describe the item, at least in general terms (such as Disney Collectible Pin) and indicate the value (which would be the eBay selling price).

You must mark the "Merchandise" block; under no circumstances should you mark as "Gift" or "Sample" as that can get you into Federal fraud charges. Even if the buyer asks you to mark Gift, you would be the one violating the law.

MaMudduck
06-15-2004, 02:11 PM
I'm in Canada, and the price difference from shipping with in US or shipping to Canada is very small but as mckeonfive said just check USPS.
I get stuff from Ebayers in the US all the time and I only look for sellers that their shipping rates to Canada are close to the same as shipping within the US. (or I know I'm getting ripped off)

I ordered some small items that fit into a small padded 4 x6 enveloped and the postage stamps were a total of $0.90.

Regular mail from the US to Canada can take up to 10-14 days to arrive. Let your buyer know that so she doesn't think you're not shipping quickly or anything and leaves negative feedback.