PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever played Mickey Mania while on board?

lindym
06-15-2004, 01:33 PM
My 16 year old son is a disney fanatic and we would love to play Mickey Mania while on board. How is this done and how do you sign up? Thanks for any info. Also what is the who wants to be a mouseketeer like?

JNorris
06-15-2004, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by lindym
My 16 year old son is a disney fanatic and we would love to play Mickey Mania while on board. How is this done and how do you sign up? Thanks for any info. Also what is the who wants to be a mouseketeer like?

RE: Mickey Mania .... DH and DD6 played Mickey Mania on the Wonder two weeks ago. We went to where they were holding it, and when they got ready to start, they asked for volunteers, and picked the most "enthusiastic" to play. They picked 4 teams of 2 people (grownup and child).

BTW, DH and DD won!

Judy

cindalu
06-15-2004, 02:13 PM
We were on the May 8 Western and my 6 year old daughter and husband were picked. They didn't win but they got something special that said Mickey Mania. They loved it. We are real Disney fans.

Lthouseprincess
06-15-2004, 02:37 PM
WE DID IT BACK IN FEBRUARY. THEY PICK LOUD JUMPERS/SCREAMERS. WE DID WIN AND YOU GET A LOVELY MEDAL AND A COLLECTOR COIN.

kcashner
06-15-2004, 03:36 PM
We won! It's really fun.

cindalu
06-15-2004, 03:51 PM
Hi,
what cruise were you on. We were on the May 8 Magic.

westjones
06-15-2004, 03:58 PM
On one cruise we came in second; on another cruise DH and my other DD came in first. They got some sort of token/coin thing for winning I think). It was fun, but I have told my girls that is it, let the other kids have a chance to play since they have both had a chance.

When I did it I had to wear a silly hat, but they must have stopped that because when DH did it on the next cruise they didn't have the hats.

DJ

jrabbit
06-15-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by lindym
My 16 year old son is a disney fanatic and we would love to play Mickey Mania while on board. How is this done and how do you sign up? Thanks for any info. Also what is the who wants to be a mouseketeer like? Unfortunatly for your son I have never seen a "kid" that old be picked - no matter how enthusiastic they yelled, screamed or jumped around. Now if he had a younger brother or sister that he would be willing to go up with then he would have a better chance. Remember I have only been on a few sailings and by no means know this for certain.

westjones
06-15-2004, 06:16 PM
I haven't seen a teenager picked either, but I have only been to 3 of these shows.

DJ

mmouse37
06-16-2004, 08:38 AM
This is what the prize is....it is the standard prize for anyone who wins any of the game shows, trivia games, etc. onboard Some games like Bingo/WBTBAM obviously have cash prizes/onboard credit but this is for most of the other games onboard.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/50699182/61043674YhpbBE

MJ

Lynda Silk
06-16-2004, 12:49 PM
Who Wants to be a Mouseketeer is a takeoff on Who Wants to be a Millionaire. It's exactly the same except there's a panel of passengers that are used instead of the lifeline or audience poll. And of course, all the questions are Disney based. I wasn't too keen on going because I'm not a game show fan, but my kids convinced me to go. And I really enjoyed it! Lots of humour and you can't help but try and answer the questions yourself!

jrabbit
06-16-2004, 03:49 PM
Lynda Silk - Who Wants to be a Mouseketeer is the show you described and it's in the Walt Disney Theater.

Mickey Mania is a family "game show" in Studio Sea. There are 4 teams selected and you have to be the first to ring in to earn points. Its only played for bragging rights and the medallion - not ship board credits or a free cruise like WWTBAM.

eye R.N.
06-16-2004, 05:39 PM
My family rocks at that one.