PDA

View Full Version : Question About Booking Hotel For Early December?

WaltD4Me
06-15-2004, 01:27 PM
I've been reading here that alot of people already have most things booked for their December trips, but I was wondering if it might be better to wait until the new deals come out?

For example the 5 nights plus 2 Free deal is only good through like late September? And I saw a great hotel deal that ends September 30th. (I would have booked it if it was good through the time of our trip)

So do people wait for the new deals to come out or is it better to book now? Early December is a slow time, so I'd think they would have some nice deals for then no?

Also when would the new deals for October, November, December start showing up?

Thanks!
Lisa :earsboy:

Cheshire Figment
06-15-2004, 03:20 PM
If you do "room only" make sure the erson at the Reservations Center is wearing their "Central Reservations Office" (CRO) hat and not "Disney Travel Company" (DTC).

Reservations made through CRO can be cancelled with no penalty as close as five days out. Reservations through DTC have all sorts of cancellation penalties.

If you get the room only, the price is guaranteed. Then if something better come up you can change the reservation. If they offer a 7 for 5 or similar then you can lock in through DTC. Note the People at the Reservations Center can be CRO or DTC or even Dining Around the World.

totalia
06-15-2004, 09:17 PM
My fiance and I have booked our bed and breakfast already. It's only 3 miles from the resort, there are only 8 rooms in the whole place so it will be quiet, and we get breakfast included because its a bed and breakfast.

I fell in love with the B & B on the net when I saw it and then I checked to see how its been rated with other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Most people seem to absolutely love the place.

I didn't want to stay onsite. It feels so commercial. I wanted something beautiful, relaxing, and romantic and this was just the deal I was looking for.

I'd personally suggest that you book early or you have no guarantee that you will have a room.

LuvTigger
06-16-2004, 12:41 AM
I usually book when I have my dates set, then I call back with any codes or discounts I find. As Cheshire Figment said, make sure you get "room only" ressies for now just in case packages don't come out.

I've been using Dreams Unlimited for my ressies so I don't have to call and make sure I'm talking to CRO and not WDTC, etc., and they also check periodically for new discounts. (And you can also tell them if you've found a potential discount, and they will check if it's available.)