PDA

View Full Version : Need help FAST!!

Suzy Mouse
06-15-2004, 11:30 AM
We're cruising to celebrate my parent's 40th anniversary on July 11th and I wanted to have their room decorated for when they arrived. I have their room number but I need their reservation #. What could I possibly say to my mom to get the number so that she doesn't suspect anything???? She knows I'm always up to something!!!!

ivanova
06-15-2004, 11:32 AM
Did she book through a TA or through DCL?

If a TA, I'd actually call the TA directly and explain the situation ... if they can't/won't give you the ressie number maybe they can order the decorations on your behalf without your mom's knowledge.

If your folks booked through DCL, you could try calling them directly and see what can be done ... I know for a fact they can pull ressies up by more than just the ressie number (that's just the easiest way to do it). :teeth:

cjsmom97
06-15-2004, 11:32 AM
Just tell mom you want to cross reference your reservations with hers. That will do it!!! :hyper:

Laurabearz
06-15-2004, 11:33 AM
Tell her you need to photocopy it to leave a copy with a friend, in case an emergency comes up....

Suzy Mouse
06-15-2004, 11:46 AM
I actually think she booked it through DVC. I'm not sure. Can that be done? I think I'm going to tell her I need to leave the info with a friend and family members. Thanks for the ideas. if it doesn't work....I'll be back!

TheWog
06-15-2004, 12:11 PM
Good luck. You just want to confirm you are all eating together at the same table and you need to link the reservations.

CRB#33
06-15-2004, 01:21 PM
Actually when I called DCL to do something like this last week, I only needed a last name. They could look it up from that.

I think they do that so anyone can send flowers or something. If you think about it, lots of people may send a bottle of wine for a friend and won't typically have a reservation number.

I think you'll be fine if you just call and tell DCL the name the reservation is under.

cantsitstill
06-15-2004, 02:03 PM
I've been adding money to my parents' stateroom account for their birthdays, Mother's Day (and now Father's Day), etc. I just call DCL - give their cabin number, date of cruise and names - and it's all taken care of! Didn't need their conf. number.

poohs4me
06-15-2004, 05:25 PM
I sent my sister something for their honeymoon and did not know their room number or confirmation. I do not think I even knew the exact day they cruised because they were planning on spending time in DW before the cruise. In fact I wasn't even sure if they had booked it in her maiden name or married name. I called DCL directly explained the situation and they were very helpful. I gave them all the information I had which wasn't much. I knew both the married and maiden names and the week they were crusing. DCL found them pretty quickly and I set up the room decorations and the bon voyage thing. The people I talked to were very helpful.

Hygiene99
06-15-2004, 06:01 PM
If u know the Cruise Date and passengers name and the Room number that should do it no need to Bother Mom..

That was all they needed from us .. actually All i knew was the Sail Date, And Name and They recieved Both Credits we had applied to the onboard account...
Peter

chichihoney
06-15-2004, 06:22 PM
gave the stuff to your stateroom host while u are at the shows and dinner they decorate your parents room

Suzy Mouse
06-16-2004, 10:17 AM
I got the reservation number!!!! Told her I needed the info for my in laws!

The lady I spoke to on the phone said she couldn't do anything for me unless she had that number. Maybe it depends on who you get!

Thanks all!!