PDA

View Full Version : car rentals/ING withdrawls

kmb34me
06-15-2004, 08:12 AM
first question

1) Im going to make a reservation with Dollar car rental, how far in advance should I make it? we will get there Aug 31. Is Dollar car rental decent? Does anyone have any Codes for that time?

2) all my disney money is in a ING account, how long is the wait time for your money to be re-deposited into your checking account? is it 30 days?

Thanks
Kristen

mad4themouse
06-15-2004, 09:16 AM
Hi Kristen!
The good thing about rental car ressies is that you don't need to put any money down when you make the ressie and you can cancel them at any time without a penalty. So, I make my ressie as soon as I have my plane tickets purchased. I know that I can always modify them later.

Dollar is located in the terminal, which is very convenient for both picking up and dropping off the car. Their rates are reasonable and the cars are clean. Be very wary of the push to sell you extra insurance and read everything before you initial and sign the contract, regardless of how long the line is behind you. This is true for all the rental agencies, not just Dollar.

For codes, check MouseSavers.com - Discounts on Rental Cars (http://www.mousesavers.com/rentalcar.html) .

WRT the ING accounts, I just did a transfer this morning. The page stated that there are no guarantees on the time frame but in general, it takes 1 to 3 days to move the money. The 30-day wait only applies to the bonuses that you get for signing up and referrals. I'll post again when the money shows up in my checking account.

laurabelle
06-15-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by mad4themouse
WRT the ING accounts, I just did a transfer this morning. The page stated that there are no guarantees on the time frame but in general, it takes 1 to 3 days to move the money.

That's good to hear! I wonder why I thought it took 7 days?

Lorix2
06-15-2004, 03:31 PM
mad4themouse is right, that's been my experience too. Although keep in mind if a holiday falls during the week, it's going to take a day longer. I can't think of any holiday before you're trip though, just some FYI.

pkasbohm
06-15-2004, 03:59 PM
i made a withdrawl recently and i think it took my $$ to get into my checking account in about 3 days.

You could always book your ressies for you car now and if something better comes along you can make different ressies first and then cancel your old ressies.

Pam

mad4themouse
06-17-2004, 11:35 AM
As ppromised, I'm posting that the money transfer that I made from ING to my checking account on 6/15 has been completed. I just checked my balance online and the funds are reflected in my "available balance". So for me, it took 2 days to move the money.