PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Air Trans?

DisneyMomx7
06-15-2004, 06:55 AM
Has anyone ever used Air Trans. We were supposed to drive from NJ to Orlando and I think my DH panicked about driving all that way with a 6, 5 and 4 year old so now we're flying. He surprised me with the arrangements, so I really don't know anything about Air Trans. I've only flown major carriers before so anyone who has used them I'd appreciate their opinion. Thank you.

wdwmom2
06-15-2004, 07:50 AM
My family and I flew AirTran in April for the 1st time. They were great and the price was the best of any other airlines at that time. My 2 DD's received "flight wing" pins from them. Nice new planes, friendly attendants. Definately would fly them again!!!

Sharon

dizcrazy
06-15-2004, 08:08 AM
Flew AirTrans out of Philly last month, May. had no problems.

Both our flights were packed. The only warning I have: we got to the airport 2 hours early for our flight home, and were told we could not sit together. This was a problem because we were traveling with our 8 month old. So we paid $35 a piece to get upgraded.

While at the gate, a line of people formed, complaining that their families were separated. The AirTrans rep did re-position everyone, but there was a lot of unhappy people before he worked his magic!

I think you will be pleasantly surprised! Don't forget to ask for pins for your kids

Good Luck!

DisneyMomx7
06-15-2004, 08:39 AM
Thanks so much. I will definitely ask for the pins. The air fare was really cheap and it's definitely got to be better than driving. Next year we'll have enough points saved up again from American Express to fly US Air. IF we like Air Trans though maybe we'll use those points for something else. If you do the check in on line before you go to the airport are you able to get seats together? We'll be two adults and three kids so I don't think it will be that horrible if we're not all together as long as one adult is with the kids at all times. BTW anyone fly out of Philly and stay at Embassy Suites the night before. We're thinking of doing this because we have a 7:00 am flight and also it includes the parking.

pjlla
06-15-2004, 09:20 AM
My DH flew AirTran for business from Boston/Logan to Atlanta a great deal for about a year or so, so we used his free ticket (similar to frequent flier) certificates for our first family trip to WDW in 2002. We had something like 2 1/2 free tickets. We had no trouble, no complaints. We were able to upgrade to Business class for every leg of our trip down and back. I believe it was $25/pp per flight to upgrade. It made a big difference! (But it spoiled the kids into thinking that there is ALWAYS that much leg room when you fly!)

We certainly would have used them again on our most recent trip even though Manchester, NH airport is much closer, but we missed out on the "deal" of the day on the prices (looked about noon and found $49 each way/pp, called DH at work and he said BOOK IT.... looked on line again about 3pm and the prices had gone up to $94/pp each way!!:( ). So we kept looking and flew US Air for $780 for 4 roundtrip flights, including all taxes, etc. And the airport is only 30 minutes from home, versus almost 2 hours to Logan. But we will continue to check the AirTran prices for our next trip!!..................P