PDA

View Full Version : Anyone back from a recent Eastern Carib?

DVC Mary
06-15-2004, 01:37 AM
I was wondering....

What days wine tasing was offered & at what time?

What movies they showed onboard?

Any specific tips you might have after sailing the Eastern Carib. for a 1st timer?? Many posts seem to be for the Western Carib.

Thanks!

::MickeyMo :boat:

natdencro
06-15-2004, 06:55 AM
Take the Disney trip over to the island of St. John. It is far the most beautiful place we have ever seen. You have an early start, but are back in plenty of time to shop in St.Thomas. Nat:Pinkbounc

DVC Mary
06-15-2004, 07:29 AM
Thanks! We have the Atlantis submarine excursion planned, so I don't know if we will have time, but there's always the next cruise. I hope to get my husband hooked. I want to rebook for 2 yrs out, but he's not willing at the moment. I hope the Magic will get to him.

::MickeyMo :boat:

TheWog
06-15-2004, 08:21 AM
You will love the Atlantis Submarine ride. It was so much fun. While waiting to leave for your excursion, don't ask for the towels they are handing out. One person ours did and the CM told her "you need a towel in a submarine you have bigger problems than getting wet :tongue: ". When taking pictures try and take them out the opposite windows from where you are sitting. They will not come out (all greenish blue). The ones we took out the opposite side came out great. The same company that runs the Atlantis submarine ride also has a Screamin' Eagle jet boat which looked like a lot of fun. When you are returning from the excursion they will bring you to their souvenier shop where you will get "official submarine certificates" its also an opportunity for you to spend your money there. If you just stay on the truck you will be brought right to the middle of town. There is also the Tram to the top of Paradise Point. It is supposed to be just beautiful. Its not far depending on whether you are docked or tendered.

St. Maarten we enjoyed a great day right in Philipsburg. We took the water taxi over ($5/pp, kids free all day pass) and enjoyed the beach in the morning. We got a couple chairs, umbrella, water trampoline and rented jet skis. Then we returned to the ship for lunch, shower and change and did some shopping. It was great and very relaxing. Not sure what your level of exploring is, but this was real nice and leisurely.

If your husband gets hooked, which he will, bring deposit money, because booking while onboard offers you a 10% discount and $200.00 onboard credit.

Have a great trip.

gratefulone
06-15-2004, 09:23 AM
St. John is a must see, it is a short boat ride from the docks. We did the excusion on the 5/15 cruise and the views where just breathtaking. We went to the Annenberg Sugar plantation and the view from that hill was magnificent.

Have a great cruise.

BABYJOSIE98
06-15-2004, 01:21 PM
Planning an Eastern for October 2005....I do want to see St.Johns. Is the Disney excursion the best way or is it pretty easy to do on your own?????? DCL can be so overpriced?????:confused:

Thanks guys....I know I have plenty of time to plan!hee hee:teeth:

NejTheLion
06-16-2004, 01:24 AM
The wine tastings are offered on sea days (Sun, Mon, Thu), and I believe they were 2:00-3:15 in the afternoon. I think you can get tickets from Guest Services once you're onboard.