PDA

View Full Version : hotwire savings club -- gift card expiration date

fac
06-15-2004, 12:14 AM
Does the gift card from hotwire have expiration date?

checking the FAQ, I noticed it states
Expiration dates on certificates/gift cards vary; however, certificates/gift cards are typically good for several months (expiration dates are printed on certificates/ gift cards).

I just received the cards I ordered last week. Both Target and ToysRUS do not list expiration date. However, the one from Macy's states

"When you make a puchase with your gift card, your receipt will show your remaining balance and expiration date"

seems to me that it does have an expiration date. I plan to buy some more GC and discontinue HSC after I get my 20% back. But I hope not to have to spend them in a few months :)

thanks

felicia

buzz2400
06-15-2004, 02:04 PM
I was worried too about the expiration dates. I ordered the target and they do say no expiration. Circuit City, Toys R Us and J.C.Penny states that after two years they will start taking away money. I would make sure you keep your receipt so that if you every find that you are charged you can contact the store and show proof of when you bought them.

Jennylen
06-15-2004, 08:26 PM
I think it also depends on regulation of certain state. It's better to check with local store or their web site for up-to-date info.

For example,
Circuit city GC states 2 years later, they will start deducting $ from card. I called the Circuit city call center and they told me no to worry about it. And the circuit city web site also states - under GC terms and condition (http://www.circuitcity.com/learnabout.jsp?c=1&b=g&u=c&department=Gift+Cards&category=Gift+Cards&learn=Basics):
"No fees will be charged after December 18, 2003 on any Circuit City Gift Card, regardless of when the Gift Card was purchased. No fees will be imposed or charged after December 18, 2003, regardless of any such statement on the Gift Card."

fac
06-15-2004, 09:11 PM
thanks
It is nice to know how many I can stock up.:tongue:

felicia