PDA

View Full Version : Twin Beds or Queen?

Praise2Him
06-14-2004, 10:00 PM
I got my Disney Cruise DVD today (YAY!) and in looking at the staterooms (I'm in a category 12) it seems like there would be more room if you kept the bed as a queen size instead of splitting into twins. It will be me and DD 14 and we don't mind sleeping together or apart, so which do you think...queen or twins?

Cruisin
06-14-2004, 10:03 PM
:wave:

hmm, I'm not too sure which would be better.

I think if you look close at how they would split them, they would probably move one bedside table to the middle of the twin beds.

It might feel like there is more space with the bed left queen size instead of split up.

Counting down the days !!!!!!!!

my3kids
06-15-2004, 08:16 AM
You can keep it a queen for you, and have your child sleep on the sofa bed. Your steward will set it up for you each night during dinner.

Minnie&Mickey
06-15-2004, 08:45 AM
On our cruise, my two daughters were in one stateroom and we were in a connecting room. I asked our room steward if he would seperate the bed in their room into two twins, and he said no because it took up too much room if they were seperated. He said he would fix up the sofa bed at night instead. My youngest slept on the sofa bed the first night and said that it was VERY uncomfortable. For the rest of the cruise, the two of them shared the queen without any problems.

Lthouseprincess
06-15-2004, 09:37 AM
Minnie&Mickey
I can't get over that he told you no. We had ours split and it was just fine, all they do is move the nightstand from the end to in the middle, takes up no more room, instead of being able to walk on each side of the bed, one bed is flush against the wall. That's too bad the your room steward said that

greytlady
06-15-2004, 10:30 AM
I travelled with my 2 children and had the beds separated into twins. I came back to the room with the bed split with no question or complaint. He moved the one nightstand to be in the middle. Our room was a verandah and so the sofa was next to the verandah. I had no trouble walking around the beds. However, I did feel the beds were too short as I'm only about 5'6" and kept kicking the sheets out at night.

ivanova
06-15-2004, 10:38 AM
I wonder if he said no because he didn't want to have to make up two beds every day (versus one queen). :(

Minnie&Mickey
06-15-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by ivanova
I wonder if he said no because he didn't want to have to make up two beds every day (versus one queen). :(

That was what I suspected at the time. I'll admit I was surprised when he said no since I had seen pictures posted online that showed this configuration and it really didn't look like it took up any more room. It all turned out fine in the long run, and he was a great room steward other than that.

aprilgail2
06-15-2004, 03:10 PM
I would have preferred tham split up but my 4 year old who was sleeping with me wanted them together instead of us in 2 different beds...I found it very uncomfortable to keep having that lump in the middle where the two beds were pushed together. I would have rather had one normal bed.