PDA

View Full Version : pools dirty?

bobsuzla
06-14-2004, 06:26 PM
My next-door-neighbor just came back from thier 7 day western and said that the pools were dirty, lots of bugs like ants and cochroachy things... Any one else have a similar experience? I really hope not.

aprilgail2
06-14-2004, 06:30 PM
I didn't see any bugs or anything but the water is yukky by the afternoon...all those all that sunscreen residue etc in there they get pretty gross and funky colored.

kcashner
06-14-2004, 06:50 PM
The pools are cleaned at least nightly, and sometimes have to be closed and drained and cleaned during the day. Yes, they get "icky" during the day, but it isni't for lack of staff efforts. They are clorinated and filtered like any public pool....and thoroughly cleaned each night.

TheWog
06-15-2004, 09:28 AM
No problems with bugs, just as listed above with the film after heavy use by kids with sunscreen. At port days its nice. On CC day its also dead so if you head back early it is empty (people wise) and clean for your enjoyment.

misty9960
06-15-2004, 09:59 PM
We just got back from the Magic on Saturday and I also had read things about the pool being really nasty. Personally I did not find it to be any worse than any other frequently visited pool.