PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Durabrand PVS1960 portable dvd player?

disneyatl
06-14-2004, 04:10 PM
We've been looking for a portable dvd player for our trip next month. We weren't looking for one that has two screens but found the Durabrand PVS1960 dual screen player on Wal-Mart's website for $278.00. Sounds like a great deal to us if we can have two screens.

My question is....does anyone own this player? Are you happy with it? I understand it doesn't have a battery - do you know if you can add one?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

:wave2:

tikilyn
06-14-2004, 04:30 PM
I just bought this two weeks ago for our mini vacation. It's works great. The picture quality is really good. You really won't need a battery unless your gonna be on a plane. It comes with a car adapter and a wall adapter. We hit a huge pot hole on our way to houston and it didn't even skip. I love ours and so does my 3 and 1/2 year old.

Sabrina

disneyatl
06-14-2004, 04:35 PM
That is great news! You said exactly what I told my husband. I don't think we need the battery. We rarely travel on a plane. I think I'll order it since my Wal-Mart didn't have it in the store.

Thanks for the info!!!

:wave2:

disneyfan551
06-15-2004, 10:32 AM
I just bought this same set, with the battery at Walmart last weekend for $298. Haven't hooked it up yet, but will before our road trip to the zoo this weekend! ;)

TNAngie
06-15-2004, 04:41 PM
We purchased this dvd player about two weeks ago. Our van has never been quieter. Our 4 and 7 year old boys love it. The cord is long enough to keep the player near us and the screens on the back of the middle seat. This way, they won't tear up the player. We really liked the fact that one screen can be used for viewing a movie and the other could be used for playing a Playstation game. Even though we have only had it a short time, we are pleased.
It is a little hard to find this at Wal-Mart. It was in the Automotive department, not the Electronics area. The in- store packaging leaves a bit to be desired, but I think that for the price, it will serve us well. Good luck!:)

poohangel
06-15-2004, 08:30 PM
I dont own one of these, but I work at Wal-mart in the auto section and we have had one of these on display for the last 2-3 months. It has been playing about 24 hrs a day since they put them on display and its still going.

I am glad that you are happy with the dvd player.

poohangel