PDA

View Full Version : Disney Card

retMarine
06-14-2004, 04:04 PM
OK. I've been back long enough to almost be comfortable in a suit and tie again. Dind't want to leave, and planning on going back as soon as possible.
Question is, that now that I have received my ad for the Disney Card I was wondering if there were any benefits to having one. Any discounts or other benefits that make it worthwhile?
By the way my sweetie cried when she first saw the castle. Her first time there, and she loves it almost as much as I do. Our room at the Boardwalk Inn was great.
retMarine

RachelTori
06-14-2004, 04:36 PM
Glad you enjoyed your visit. My family's going in July (we were also there in January!) - can't wait!! To answer your question, the Disney card is not as good as the Disney Club was for discounts and all, but could be a good deal if...... do you pay your balance in full each month? Then I'd say it's worth having. You can get special discounts on disney vacations (we just got an extra $25 disney dollars just for charging the 5 plus 2 Dream Maker to our Disney Visa). There are occasionally "specials" which are only available to cardholders. You earn Disney Reward Dollars which can be redeemed at the parks, for a Disney cruise, at the Disney Store. If you do lots of charging, the reward dollars can add up pretty quickly. No annual fee so I'd say it's worth giving it a try - you can always cancel it if you decide it's not for you. From time to time, they offer a special incentive if you apply - you might want to wait for one of those - like $25 reward dollars with your 1st purchase using the card.

harleyquinn
06-14-2004, 07:56 PM
There have been a lot more incentives lately. We now get 15% off of tours all the time and right now its 20% until October, I think. It's just starting to be really worth it. The thing is to avoid having a balance as the percentage rate is too high.

If you're a big disney fan who plans on being in the world at least every other year, I think its worth it.

canwegosoon
06-14-2004, 08:07 PM
I generally charge groceries, gas, other small expenses that I would normally pay cash for. I pay off frequently, (2x's a month) to avoid any service charge. Since March I have accquired $110. in Disney Dollars. Be aware that others have posted heavy fines and intrest charges for being late. If you plan to PO quickly, I think it can help, unless you have a better reward card. Good luck. I always get smiles from people when I charge small items, and then say I have to earn my Disney Dollars:D

marcyinPA
06-14-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by canwegosoon
I always get smiles from people when I charge small items, and then say I have to earn my Disney Dollars:D

This happens to me too! I charge my groceries (amongst other things) no matter how much I'm buying. I always seem to get the same cashier at the store I shop at, and she always asks me "Saving for a Disney trip?"....LOL

The other day I presented my card to a cashier at another store and she commented on the card...how sparkley it was! :cool1:

SamSam
06-15-2004, 12:23 AM
I use my card in place of checks and/or cash so the rewards add up quickly. Like others have posted; it's only worthwhile if you pay off your balance each month.

retMarine
06-30-2004, 03:06 PM
Thanks to everyone for their input. I will get the card, and as with my other card, pay it off every month. Hate those interest rates.
Now to decide where to stay this time. But it will have to wait until after my late summer vacation to Turkey.

Thanks again

Laz
06-30-2004, 08:22 PM
I have accumulated over $300 in Reward Dollars. My food is paid for during my next WDW trip:teeth: