PDA

View Full Version : Hyatt still on Hotwire?

wendyk
06-14-2004, 03:03 PM
Has anyone gotten the Hyatt on Hotwire lately? I've been looking for months now and it never comes up. I think the only 31/2 star showing is the crown plaza.

thanks,
Wendy

TammiMcMan
06-14-2004, 04:18 PM
Wendy,

Are you looking for a day room, or just a place to sleep the night before your cruise? I got sticker shock with the Hyatt and ended up booking one night at the airport Hawthorn Suites. The one bedroom was $86 per night and it included a living room and kitchen area. We used the courtesy phone in the airport to call for the shuttle and it arrived within 10 minutes. In the morning, they had a complimentary hot buffet breakfast with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits & gravy, cereal, muffins, etc.. all served in a very spacious room. It worked out to be less expensive for us to rent a car then take the DCL transfer, so DH just hopped back onto the courtesy van in the morning and returned to the airport for the car. I love the convenience of the Hyatt, but it would have cost us close to $260 just to sleep there (2 rooms needed for 5 people). The Hawthorn Suites was very nice and I'd definitely book there again.

cramam
06-14-2004, 06:41 PM
I have been following this at biddingfortravel.com and it appears that the Hyatt is no longer listed. I used hotwire last year and got the Holiday Inn Select for $43. It was very nice and kids ate free.

DISJen
07-18-2004, 04:30 PM
I'm glad I searched and found this post because I was getting ready to post the same thing! I haven't seen the Hyatt listed on Hotwire for a few months either. Has anyone else seen/used it?????????

bassoongirl
07-18-2004, 08:29 PM
I have also been checking Hotwire for the Hyatt for the last few months and haven't found it. The price for the Hyatt rose again a couple weeks ago, so I took a chance on Hotwire and booked the 3 1/2 star hotel. Unfortunately, I got the Crowne Plaza. However, after checking out its website, it looks pretty nice! For $72 (including tax) for the night at the Crowne Plaza, it sure beats the cost of the Hyatt ($164 with the AAA discount)! I can live with having to take a shuttle to the hotel in order to save $92!

Gayl

prymsu
07-18-2004, 09:00 PM
I also just got the Crowne Plaza for $72 as well. I am happy with that, but of course I would really have liked to be able to stay at the Hyatt, but it is just not worth what they charge now for one night.