PDA

View Full Version : Live From Magic 6/14/04

4myguys
06-14-2004, 02:59 PM
Hey everyone:
We're having great weather. Water is smooth as silk. Dinners are great. We got off to a bad start on Friday because all of our luggage was stolen out of our car, except for our garment gab. So Friday before we drove to FL, we had to go shopping for all of us (DH, DS10,DS14). Fortunately they didn't take the bag in the front of the car that held our documents. It made for a depressing trip down but once the saw the Magic over the bridge, everything changed. Everyone is having a great time and have put it behind us (for the most part).
Unfortunately we missed our Dismeet, so I probably running into fellow Disser's and don't know it. If anyone on board sees this send me a PM or respond to this thread. I'll be checking back later on.

Cathy

Lisa loves Pooh
06-14-2004, 03:01 PM
Sorry for your bad luck!!!

Enjoy that cruise!

wltdsnyfan
06-14-2004, 03:23 PM
:( Sorry to hear about your bad luck!! Glad to see you turned it around and are having fun.!!

poohs4me
06-14-2004, 03:32 PM
Do they have an exclusive screening of "Around the World in 80 Days"? I think that comes out on Wednesday?

Also, are the soda's really free? Does it work just like the old beverage island or is someone there helping you.

DISNEYFAMILYOFFOUR
06-14-2004, 03:38 PM
So sorry to here about your stolen luggage; but very happy for you the trip is wonderful. Enjoy.

UMTerp
06-14-2004, 04:04 PM
4myguys - So sorry to hear about your luggage! When you return can you fill us in on that situation in case it would be one that the rest of us would possibly be in?

I hope you continue to have wonderful weather and a super trip!

UMTerp

CRB#33
06-14-2004, 04:41 PM
OMG! That's awful about your luggage.

I'm so glad the trip is going well for you! What a nightmarish start.

Enjoy the rest of the trip! I'll be where you are in two weeks!

tinksmom
06-14-2004, 05:31 PM
So sorry your trip got off to such a horrible start! Wishing you smooth sailing for the rest of your vacation.

westjones
06-14-2004, 06:43 PM
I hope the rest of your trip is magical! That is terrible about your luggage. So glad your documents were not in the stolen bags.

I was curious about the soda/pop at the beverage station too. How is that going? Do they have diet (I hope, I hope!).

Have a wonderful cruise!
DJ

invaderzim
06-14-2004, 06:46 PM
:confused: Wow, what rotten luck! Where did this happen -- at the port? Did you file a police report?

Hope you have a wonderful cruise from this point out.
:flower:

cathie
06-14-2004, 07:16 PM
Hi Cathy! Hope you guys are having a great time! I'm sorry for what happened & pray there are super nice people on board to make up for those selfish thoughtless idiots! You all have each other & that's what's important. We're going on our 1st 7 Day Magic Cruise in July. Have a fantastic magical time..lots of pixie dust! Cathie & The Gang:sunny: :grouphug: :boat:

KaitlinsMom
06-14-2004, 07:20 PM
That's terrible! I am so sorry that happened to you!

Hope the cruise goes much better for you!

4myguys
06-14-2004, 09:23 PM
Thanks for all the warm wishes. I'm at the Cove Cafe while the kids are swimming. We just finished a wonderful dinner. Our servers are Maria from England and Alvin from the Phillipines. The baked chicken at Parrot Cay is delicious, as well as all of the desserts from every restaurant. My favorite desserts have been the creme brulee and the creme brulee cheesecake. Yummy!!

As far as the soda, yes, it is free.::yes:: It's set up like a fast food restaurant with a separate ice machine. They have Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Lemonade, Cherry Punch and . . . it seems like I'm leaving one out. Oh well, it's Coke product. They have it beside the tea/coffee station.

Now about our stolen bags; they were stolen from my office parking lot. Can you believe it? I couldn't. My husband and I work for the same company and when he went out to the car at 12noon to put his laptop in the car all the bags were gone. The thieves also broke into 3 other cars the in parking lot. It happened right underneath our noses. We filed a police report and called the insurance company. Some fellow employees let us borrow their luggage. It's times like this when you find out who your real friends are. They offered to lend money and pick up prescriptions and clothes.
Well I better get back to my family. Talk to you later.
Cathy
:wave2:

tinksmom
06-14-2004, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the update Cathy. It sounds as if your guardian angel was watching over you, since the thieves didn't get your documents and your husband hadn't put your laptop in the car yet.

Now my questions: is the other soda Mr. Pib or root beer?

My hubby wants to know what is the cost of internet access now? Can you use your own laptop? Can you upload pictures?

What cabin are you in? What are your plans for the islands?

Relax and enjoy!
Tenya

natdencro
06-15-2004, 07:11 AM
You poor things. What a shame it got your holiday off to a bad start. Lets hope that the MAGIC of Disney will lift your spirits. If you venture to Palos, then tell Gemma her cappuccinno sachets are on their way!!! Have a magical cruise. At least you wont need too much in the way of clothes - its too HOT! Nat:Pinkbounc

anlashokna
06-15-2004, 03:33 PM
Why on earth would anyone steal luggage? Too bad it wasn't at the end of your trip..think of the laundrey you wouldn't have to do! :)

Hope your cruise erases the bad start.

:sunny:

Snow Dog Mom
06-15-2004, 03:49 PM
Cathy,

I'm sorry to hear about your bad luck. I'm glad your having a good time now!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

from your Charlotte, NC neighbor,
Kim

staylor
06-15-2004, 08:01 PM
Cathy, I love live reports. Thanks so much for posting. Though, I am so sorry to hear about your eventful day on Fri. So, what is your favorite part so far? Looking forward to reading more live reports.
Staci

lookingforward
06-15-2004, 10:49 PM
I am so sorry about your luggage being stolen. I admire you for not letting it ruin your trip. Have a great time!!!

4myguys
06-17-2004, 02:27 PM
Hello again. Well it's Thursday and we are at sea. Had to come in out of the sun for a while. Some had asked about excursions:
At St. Martin we did our own thing and took a water taxi to the beach right at the port. Costs $5.00 for all day per person. DS10 was free. The chair, umbrella and 2 drinks were $10.00. Found 3 towels for $10.00 at a shop behind us. The water trampoline was $5.00 for each kid. They had a blast.
At St. Thomas we did the Trunk Bay Snorkel and Beach excursion which was nice. Took a boat to St.John and open air bus ride to Trunk Bay. The drive to Trunk Bay was beautiful.
Did a couple of loads of laundry Tuesday night. Machines weren't too full. We are in 6108 and the laundry room on that floor was full so I had to go to the Deck 7 laundry room.
Tonight is lobster night. Yum Yum.
Bye for now,
Cathy
:wave2:

mhb
06-17-2004, 09:11 PM
Hi. Just had to get on and say your in the same room I'm in later in the year. Is it a good room. No noise, not too much traffic etc?

Glad you're making out better that it started. Thanks for getting on and letting everyone how things are. When you get back I'd love to hear about St Maarten. That's the only place I really don't know what to do.

Enjoy the rest of the cruise.
Michelle:wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave:

4myguys
06-20-2004, 09:41 AM
Michelle:
The room was great. Very close to Aft stairs and elevators, which is close to Topsiders and Mickey pool. Not much traffic or noise.

At St. Martin we went to the beach to the left of the ship. I can't remember the name of it right now. You can see it from the ship. After we got cleaned up from the beach we took the water taxi into town and went shopping. The better shops are to the right of the dock. Nice little alley shops. We were able to get a couple of good deals on jewelry and cologne.

Cathy

pittcrew
06-20-2004, 07:30 PM
Just got off the Magic on Sat. (6/19). The other "soda" is unsweetened Nestea.

Cruisingmama
06-20-2004, 07:40 PM
CATHY, I am so sorry that your luggage got stolen,but I am so gladf to see it did not ruin your cruise. You have a wonderful spirit. I hope the rest of your trip is great.

4myguys
06-20-2004, 08:19 PM
Pittcrew:
I see you are booked for another cruise. Did you book that on the ship? And maybe it's just me but I thought the Nestea was horrible.
Cathy

DutchsMommy
06-20-2004, 08:33 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad luck - soundslike you are having a good time on the cruise. It must have been a nightmare trying to cram shopping in for your teen/tweens not to mention your self! At least with my little guy he has no option but what I pick out, but teens - yikes!! :hyper: :hyper:

Take care and all the best - hopefully all will work out with insurance etc!

musicgirl
06-20-2004, 08:42 PM
Oh Cathy, I'm so sorry to hear about your bad luck. It was hard meeting up with everybody on board. Most people didn't make it to the terminal by 11:30pm because of delays.

The name of the beach by the dock was Great Bay Beach. We were going to go there in the afternoon, but we were pretty tired from our trip to Dawn Beach. It was very pretty and not crowded. The snorkeling was pretty good.

We were going to get cleaned up and eat on board and go back into Great Bay Beach and do the trampoline and jet ski. We were just to tired and wanted to do a little shopping.

We also used the water taxi. It was quick and convenient.

Lorie

pittcrew
06-21-2004, 12:19 AM
4myguys:

Yes we did book while onboard. I agree about the Nestea. I only drink sweet tea so I didn't try it, but even the sweet Nestea I have had in the past has been awful.

NeedsNEscape
06-27-2004, 09:46 PM
Gosh! What a horrible thing to have happen.. and at work, too! So sorry to hear about your misfortune! Since we are driving down to Florida, I am now of a mind to be extra cautious about the bags.

I had replied to you back a couple of months ago that we will be staying in the same stateroom in July. I'm so glad to hear that it was a nice one. One of the problems with reading all of these 'board' postings is that I have information overload!

Hope that you have a successful resolution now that you are back.