PDA

View Full Version : wine package

jamaunt
06-13-2004, 05:09 PM
We read on these message boards that you can buy a wine package while on board. I know nothing about them. Please give me some information, including pricing for a 3 night cruise. Thanks!

KennyK
06-13-2004, 05:37 PM
There are actually two wine packages per cruise, regular and premium. The select of wines differ depending which one you choose and also the $'s.

Basic you get 1 bottle of wine per night at dinner. If you don't finish it you can take it with you to your cabin to finish later or have your wait staff save it for the following evening. If you both like (husband/wife) different type of wines, such as white/ red,
you can each have a bottle and carry it over to the next night. The main thing is your total amount of bottles is 3, 4, 7 depending on which cruise you are on.

A great site to look at the wine selections and their costs are www.dcltribute.com .

If you price out getting drinks by the glass or buying a bottle at dinner the wine package is definitely cheaper. There also is the normal 15% gratuity added on just as if a drink was served.

We buy the wine package when ever we cruise and it works out just right for us.

Hope this helps.

Kennyk

mhb
06-13-2004, 07:19 PM
:wave: I was wondering what type of wine they serve? I mean is it Berringer or Sutter home, or is it a little better than that?

babybunrab
06-13-2004, 07:28 PM
Kennyk-

I clicked on the link, but what do I do after that? I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I can't find the available wines and prices. Would you mind walking me through where to find the information?

Thanks!

KennyK
06-13-2004, 07:29 PM
There are many different brands depending on the selection of package. Check out the site above for a listing.

Kennyk

KennyK
06-13-2004, 07:36 PM
babybunrab,

In answer tio your question. Go to dcl tribute site. On the left colum are links. Go all the way to the bottom, the last entry "castaway".

Click on that. it will bring up another web site. In the center of the page you will see a bar with menus etc. Click on that link. It will bring you up to a new list. At the bottom of that list is what you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

kennyk

mhb
06-13-2004, 08:09 PM
KennyK thanks I've been on that site for the last 15 min. Very informative. I had a feeling the wine list would look like that. It was still good to see it fo myself.

Thanks Again,
Michelle:wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny:

babybunrab
06-14-2004, 06:13 AM
I'm breaking my "don't post during the schoolweek" rule (don't ask) to say 'Thank you' to Kenny. I found it this time. Great information. I'm going with my mom and I'm sure we'd do better with the package than by the glass.

Thanks again!

And editing this to say...The Caymus Conundrum offering for the $109.00 package is worth the extra money alone--it's one of our absolute favorites.

StuartMI
06-14-2004, 07:11 AM
I don't see a 4 day. That's Barb's site though. Are you reading this Barb? :confused:

CarolJean
06-14-2004, 07:49 AM
I am wondering if it's possible to order a 3 or 4 bottle pakg. on the 7 day. While DH and I enjoy wine, we're not sure we'd be able to drink an entire bottle every night for 7 nights. With 3 kids (4,6, and 11), the mornings after aren't worth it, not to mention unfair to the kids!

mhb
06-14-2004, 09:25 AM
great idea. This way your free to order a drink if you don't feel like wine that night.

I wonder too. If no one knows I guess that's another question to call on. I have a list of them

:wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave:

CarolJean
06-14-2004, 04:43 PM
HELLO!
I was sure hoping someone out there would be able to answer the ? about wine pakg. You folks know everything else about DCL! I'm sure I could call DCL and eventually speak with a person who may or may not be able to answer, but where's the fun in that? I'd much rather hear from people who have done it and can add any personal exp. with it. Plus, I get to read about stuff I've never thought about.
Thanks

mhb
06-14-2004, 07:00 PM
So does anyone know if you can order a 3-4 bottle pkg on the 7 day cruise. I thought that was a great idea.::yes::

:wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave:

inkkognito
06-14-2004, 07:02 PM
Unfortunately I don't have a four day wine package list, since we are always on the three day cruise. When we sail again in Sept., I will ask and see if they have the four day list around.
Barb

Cheshire27
06-15-2004, 12:01 AM
I don't think there is an option on the 7 night for a 3 or 4 night wine package. However, if you don't open all 7 bottles, you can take them off the boat with you! My mother and I got it on our cruise in April, and the seas were so rough a couple of nights, we just couldn't imagine drinking wine. So the last night, our assistant server asked us which bottles we wanted to take home. I liked the champagne so much, I got two of them! Gancia Prosecco Brut. Yum! I haven't opened them up yet because that will definitely mean the cruise is over!

mhb
06-15-2004, 06:19 AM
cheshire27: Thanks, I didn't think we would be able to get a 3-4 pkg deal on a 7 day cruise but I was hoping:flower1:

Thanks for all the great suggestions!!:wave: :earsgirl: :sunny: :wave: :earsgirl: :sunny:

CarolJean
06-15-2004, 07:39 AM
After looking at the wine list, it seems there really isn't a big difference in $/bottle if we just order a bottle on the nights we want wine. Even a few bucks won't make up for wine exploding in my luggage, or the hassle of lugging it home.
Thanks for the info. Maybe that will be my suggestion on the comment card this trip. Giving a small break to multiple bottle-buyers could only increase wine sales, IMHO.