PDA

View Full Version : birthday on board

jamaunt
06-13-2004, 06:07 PM
My son will be celebrating his 9th birthday on board this Saturday and I was wondering what the cruiseline does for such an occasion. I imagine they'll give him a cake or cupcake at dinner, but is there anything else? Other than the things listed in the gift brochure I received with my itinerary, is there anything else I can order for our stateroom as a surprise for him? Thanks!

kcashner
06-13-2004, 06:10 PM
You will recieve free the "standard" birthday cake and a round of "Happy Birthday" from the serving staff. If you supply it, they will gladly place a centerpiece on your table (or flowers for a young lady or whatever...)...or a special item on his chair.

You can purchase "room decorations" for $30 or $50 (standard or deluxe), or you can bring your own decorations and tape and put them up yourself. If you purchase decorations, they will be put up on the first day of your cruise.

Since DD was turning 13 on our last cruise, I wanted to surprise her on THE DAY. THus, I brought decorations and put them on the door early in the morning while she was sleeping. They were a big hit with the little girls on our floor--made DD feel like a queen with all the 7-10 year olds commenting on them....

kellib36
06-13-2004, 06:42 PM
I'd take my own.....and just remember, eveyrone is celebrating something, be it on the day or whatever.....DCL is very good about not asking, but things do get forgotten. That's why I say to do it yourself, and if they throw something in, great, if not, your relative doesn't feel like something is missing.

Any type of decoration that is magnetic is AWEsome for your cabin door. Enjoy your cruise, Kelli

AnnMorin
06-13-2004, 07:39 PM
with number four coming up (yes they are ALL my 40th bday:p )
Anyhow here are my observations,,, years ago it was a big occasion, I got a pin, a cake a song.. the last few have been basically begging for a cake, infact they forgot it all together on our last one, but palo made up for it.
If you have your heart set on a magical moment I would suggest you provide it for yourself. As much as I LOVE DCL and will continue celebrating my bday with them every year I now count on insuring my own "surprises"

staylor
06-13-2004, 09:36 PM
You can always contact Shirley at The Perfect Gift and get something delivered.

goin2disneyagain
06-13-2004, 09:41 PM
Last month my nephew turned 4 the week before our cruise. The 1st night at dinner our server asked us when we wanted to "celebrate" his birthday. He was given a small cake with a birthday pin and was wished "happy birthday" by several of the servers. He was thrilled. :)

TheWog
06-14-2004, 09:25 AM
Try Shirley - she can make you a basket or something to be in the room when you arrive.

e-mial: snelsonbrown@aol.com
The Perfect Gift
Shirley & Norm Nelson Brown
6550 N Atlantic Ave
Cape Canaveral FL 32920
321 799 4438
800 950 4559

Mr. Bill
06-14-2004, 11:19 AM
I agree, Shirley at "The Perfect Gift" does a great job. The basket for my Devina had enough "snacks" to carry us through the cruise and the 6 hour drive home.

She can personalize them with anything you desire.

Give her a call and tell her what you want in it ... also, tell her that Bill & Devina send their regards.

Bill

Suzy Mouse
06-14-2004, 11:56 AM
Can someone tell me what's included in the standard vs deluxe?

sandygirl
06-14-2004, 02:08 PM
Standard vs Deluxe what? Sorry for being dense.

Suzy Mouse
06-15-2004, 11:19 AM
Sorry...

Standard or deluxe room decorations as Kcashner stated.