PDA

View Full Version : Travel Channel - World's Best: DCL

Zandy595
06-13-2004, 04:22 PM
Friday, June 18 at 7PM EST

Krystina'sMommy
06-13-2004, 05:33 PM
Zandy595

OMG! Thank you! Just last night I was on the Travel Channel Website looking for any info on when they may be showing their feature on the DCL. I know I've seen parts of it before, but that was way before we ever booked our cruise (and never thought I'd convince DH to actually go on one!) & now I want to watch it ALL (and probably even tape it!). I haven't rec'd my DCL DVD yet, so I'm anxiously awaiting that, too. :Pinkbounc

disneyholic family
06-13-2004, 06:25 PM
i guess you mean that there's a show called 'world's best" and they're showing DCL on it this week...

i was going to ask you world's best what until i came to the above conclusion...

if it means world's best cruise line....well...maybe it's true, but i kind of find it VERY hard to believe....
what about cunard (albeit owned by those nasty carnival cruise people).....or radisson seven seas (i hope they're not owned by the arisons too)....
DCL is good, but the best?....i'd have to be convinced of that...
guess i'd better get on board the QM2 for some research..

Zandy595
06-13-2004, 08:24 PM
Beth ~ Sorry I wasn't clearer. It's been posted so many times on this board I just figured everyone would know what I meant.

World's Best is a series of shows Travel Channel does. It doesn't necessarily mean DCL is the best, just one of the world's best cruise lines. IMO, it is the best cruise line for families.

Krystina'sMommy ~ You're welcome. I was looking through my local tv paper for the Travel Channels Sea World special (that I missed last week) and I saw it and knew no one had posted it here yet.

fast43
06-13-2004, 09:28 PM
we will be watching, thanks!

Krystina'sMommy
06-17-2004, 04:32 PM
:Pinkbounc
Just wanted to "bump" this up and remind those of you who are interested that it will be on tomorrow. I believe it will replay at 2 am (Sat. morning) in case you don't get to watch the 7 pm (EST) showing.

ericamanda01
06-17-2004, 07:13 PM
There is also a show just about WDW following the DCL show on travel channel. YEAH!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

jin diesel
06-17-2004, 07:30 PM
I've already seen this. I believe it's pretty old. DCL is rated best "FAMILY CRUISE" in this series. There are many other categories, and yes Radisson is mentioned as well as other really awesome cruise ships/lines.

After watching that show I wanted to cancel my reservation with DCL!!!!

Just kidding. Well.... ;)

-jindy

sters
06-17-2004, 07:52 PM
We don't get the Travel Channel. :( Darned Comcast doesn't offer it in our area.

westjones
06-18-2004, 08:34 AM
Bump this up so it stays on page one today. If anyone hasn't seen it, it is a GREAT show! I have seen it many times, and plan to turn it on again today!

DJ

P.S. In case you miss it, it airs again at 2:00 am (in the middle of the night--7 hours after the first showing).

Krystina'sMommy
06-18-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by jin diesel
I've already seen this. I believe it's pretty old. DCL is rated best "FAMILY CRUISE" in this series. There are many other categories, and yes Radisson is mentioned as well as other really awesome cruise ships/lines.

After watching that show I wanted to cancel my reservation with DCL!!!!

Just kidding. Well.... ;)

-jindy

I believe this may be a different episode than the one you are referring to. I think this one only features DCL (and not other cruiselines). It's original air date was Oct 2003. Here is the description from the Travel Channel:

Friday, June 18, 2004 at 7:00 PM on Travel Channel:

World's Best
Disney Cruise Line
Discover how the Walt Disney Company creates and operates a magical cruise line
experience. From the ship's galley to its Broadway-style theatre, get a
behind-the-scenes look at this operation and the creative genius that put it
together.

Well, even if it is an old episode, I will be watching.::yes::

Zandy595
06-18-2004, 02:40 PM
Krystina'sMommy ~ You're right, this show is only about Disney Cruise Line. I've seen it at least 5 times, but I plan to watch it again too. :boat:

jin diesel
06-18-2004, 03:06 PM
Yes, you are right! Here's what I found thru the local TV listings:

"Disney Cruise Line"
Disney cruise ship: galley; engine control-room; provisioning areas; Broadway-style theater; palatial suite.

Original Airdate: October 14, 2003.

On the West Coast it airs at 4:00pm and 11:00pm. So I will watch this one tonight.

The one I previously saw had several cruise lines, each with it's own "Best ..." title. I should not have watched that one!!! Those Radisson ships are beautiful!!!!

Krystina'sMommy
06-18-2004, 06:57 PM
~5 minutes til SHOWTIME!!~
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :hyper: :wave: