PDA

View Full Version : Car rental and Planet Hollywood questions

wdwluvr
07-06-2001, 09:55 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows if $26.99 is a good rate for a full size rental car with unlimited mileage? It's through Dollar's website. They list a Dodge Intrepid as an example of a full size car.

My other question is...has anyone been to the Cool Planet - Planet Hollywood in Anaheim? What is the difference between a Cool Planet and a regular Planet Hollywood? How is the food?

Thanks for your help!

MaryAnnDVC
07-06-2001, 11:47 PM
I was just in California last week, and got a minivan for $113 for the week! I used my National Emerald Club card, and reserved an intermediate car on the Internet. I had gotten a $20 off coupon with my card when I joined the Emerald Club and used that as well. When I arrived at LAX, I went to the Emerald Aisle, and there were at least 3 minivans to choose from, as well as many other very nice, large cars. The Entertainment Book also has coupons...I think the one I had originally used for this reservation gave me $17 off ("1 free day on a 3-day weekend rental").

Good luck!

Diva of Dragons
07-09-2001, 01:38 PM
Hi!
The car sounds like a really good deal! I usually pay quite a bit more for compacts, when I need them.

Regarding your Planet Hollywood/Cool Planet question:
They are unrelated. Cool Planet is just an ice cream shop. There is no Planet Hollywood near DL. There used to be one Costa Mesa but it closed a couple years ago.