PDA

View Full Version : Tipping Town Car/Limo Drivers

invaderzim
06-13-2004, 02:02 PM
Hi....

I've made great use of all the suggestions for limousine and town car services on this site. Tiffany and Happy Limousine seem to be the forerunners.

Here's my question: How much do you tip the drivers each way? There will be two adults and a teenager and probably six suitcases (including carryons).

Thanks,

TheWog
06-13-2004, 02:06 PM
Usually it is 20% of the cost of the trip. If it is $100.00 one way it would be $20.00 tip. no less than $10.00 though.

PiperG
06-13-2004, 05:41 PM
We have Happy Limo booked for Jan '05, and they said the tip is included. I called and specifically asked if the drivers typically receive an additional cash tip. The gal told me they absolutely do not expect and additonal $$.

She said some drivers certainly do get tipped extra from time to time. However, it is not expected as a nice amount (I don't remember the %) is included in the price.

kcashner
06-13-2004, 06:05 PM
I'll echo the above. That is exactly what we were told--that the tip is included and no more is expected.

That said, we tipped $1 per bag as the driver hauled all the luggage for us and was quite wonderful...so I felt something extra was in order.

CRSNDSNY
06-13-2004, 06:13 PM
We've used Happy Limo before (for two adults) and although tip is already included we tipped an additional $10 each way. They seemed extremely grateful for it and happy. We also had a grocery stop on the way there, so we felt it necessary to give a little extra, IMO.

flexsmom
06-13-2004, 10:06 PM
I called Happy Limo last week for a quote for Dec 2004 and was told that the tip is absolutely in addition to the fee I was quoted, plus to expect at least $2 in tolls......so I'm confused. We are planning on Happy Limo from MCO to Port Canaveral to WDW and then to MCO, so I definitely plan to call to ask this question again!

flexsmom
06-13-2004, 10:09 PM
I just checked the Happy Limo website and one of the footnotes below the rate sheets stated "**Above rates do not include gratuity & tolls** ", so I guess I just answered my own question.

puffkin
06-14-2004, 09:15 AM
Our first cruise is in two weeks, but we have used Tiffany several times from MCO to WDW and we tip $10 each way. We plan on tipping $15 each way for the cruise leg of the trip. My fiance usually helps with the luggage and it is just the two of us. If we had more people, we would probably tip $15 and $20.

invaderzim
06-17-2004, 01:57 PM
Just got off the phone with both Happy Limo and Tiffany Towncar.

Got quotes for the following:

Town Car from MCO to Universal's Royal Pacific
Limo from Royal Pacific to Port Canaveral
Town Car from Port to MCO

Happy Limo's Cathy said that their quote DOES include tips, tax and tolls. She said it is all inclusive. However, Tiffany's quote to me was cheaper for what we want. Their quote includes taxes and tolls, but not tip. However, even after adding the tips, it's still cheaper.

So it looks like Tiffany wins out.

maryisme
06-17-2004, 02:49 PM
Hi there,

I have the same exact itinerary booked with Jimmy of Golden Limo's. I tried to do a search for you but the search function is down. I was quoted $350 for all legs of our journey. Here is his phone number 407 869-9007

Mco to Royal Pacific
Royal Pacific to Port
Port to MCO

Quite a few people on the transportation board has used him and were quite happy with his service. He is apparently the owner/operator of his limo. Hope this helps.

Mary

invaderzim
06-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Maryisme:

Actually, Tiffany is cheaper. They're giving me that package for $295 (plus tips).

flexsmom
06-17-2004, 03:39 PM
I think I understand my disfunction with Happy now. On the website, the rates posted do not include tip (there's a footnote at the bottom that states that), however, they DO add either $10 for one-way WDW trips or 20% for others to your bill so you don't have to do it yourself. They also add that to phone quotes so that it's all-inclusive. When I called, I was quoted only the base rate that is on-line less the tolls and tips. Maybe next time I call I'll ask for Cathy so I know for sure!

maryisme
06-17-2004, 03:42 PM
Invader,

Thats a really good price!! I think the difference is in the vehicle. We are a large ground and didn't fit in a towncar so we are using a stretch limo.

Have a wonderful trip!!

Mary

maryisme
06-17-2004, 03:47 PM
Invader,

Thats a really good price!! I think the difference is in the vehicle. We are a large group and didn't fit in a towncar so we are using a stretch limo.

Have a wonderful trip!!

Mary

invaderzim
06-17-2004, 03:56 PM
:hyper: I just noticed that you will be coming back on the Magic on the Saturday we will be boarding (we're leaving in 67 days, but going to Universal first).

And it's your first:earseek:. HAVE A GREAT TIME;)

maryisme
06-17-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by invaderzim
:hyper: I just noticed that you will be coming back on the Magic on the Saturday we will be boarding

The thought of our cruise being over pains me..lol

We will be at the Royal Pacific for two days prior to our cruise. I can't believe how close it is. Very soon we will be able to book our excursions too!!!

I see you are also on the August 05 Panama Canal cruise --- out paths are crossing..:)

Mary