PDA

View Full Version : DCL Beach Towels??

Ker-Bear
06-13-2004, 12:28 PM
When we cruise RCL in May 2002, one of th Disney ships was in port with us in Cozumel. We did a beach excursion and saw that Disney passanger's had these great big beautiful beach towels while we had thse small rough white very little towels. We were impressed and felt that having these types of amenities was one of the reasons Disney charged so much more. I thought I read on this board that they have discontinued these towels. Is this true? Everyone one in my family is very tall (the shortest female is 5'8") and I hate those small towels and would bring my own if needed.

kcashner
06-13-2004, 02:13 PM
The main towels you see are the Castaway club gift towels...if you are a repeat cruiser on DCL, you receive a gift in your stateroom. For the past couple of years, this gift is a red/white/blue towel with DCL logo, etc.

There are also lovely beach towels for sale in the gift shops. The standard issue free pool towels that you return to the ship are plain white.

TheWog
06-13-2004, 02:14 PM
They sell beautiful towels on deck during sea days or in the gift shops, $20.00 a piece for full size, $40.00 for double sized ones.

Yep, pool towels are what are handed out by DCL for port.

scrapperjill
06-14-2004, 05:31 AM
Just wanted some clarification... what are "standard issue pool towels"? Are they like regular bath towels..or more like beach towels? I realize they are plain white...but also wondered about size.

And are they per person who leaves the ship...even kids.

Thanks

aprilgail2
06-14-2004, 07:21 AM
The pool towels are pretty small...not like a real beach towel. They fit my 4 year old just fine and they are fine for kids but for an adult they are rather small, I prefer to bring my own or now that I am a castaway club member they give me a nice size one on board...only problem is that this cruise I did not get it until Tuesday night so Sat,Sun and Mon I had none, we ended up buying a decent size one for 20.00 by the pool to use, once I got mine then my daughter used the one we bought.

PURTYPAT1
06-14-2004, 07:29 AM
When we cruise RCL in May 2002, one of th Disney ships was in port with us in Cozumel.

HOW WAS YOUR RCL? WHICH SHIP DID YOU GO ON? DID YOU HAVE TEENS WITH YOU? WERE THEY HAPPY? WHICH CAT WERE YOU IN.

JUST WONDERING HOW YOURS WAS COMPARED TO DISNEY

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAITH FULLY TRAVELED TO DISNEY FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS:

WDW 1994 THRU 2004

"FUTURE" DISNEY TRIPS:

DCL 11/04/04

WDW 02/19/05 :sunny:

mmouse37
06-14-2004, 08:11 AM
Ker Bear....as the other poster said...those nice big, beautiful towels are for repeat cruisers....the standard pool towels are, in my opinion very small. I always buy a towel onboard when we sail to add to my collection as I like to have a big towel to lay on.

Yes, you can take as many "standard" towels as you like by the pool, but it is not the same as a large towel. Now, Carnival has big beautiful, comfy towels they hand out by the pool. I wish DCL did the same.

Anyway...here are some pics of some of the designs of beach towels that DCL sell onboard...there are many more styles and each year they come out with a "dated" one with the year. They also have double size towels (the beige one with MM & MN).

http://community.webshots.com/album/50699182NjAJFG

MJ

Ker-Bear
06-14-2004, 10:00 AM
We went on the Soveriegn of the Seas. A co-worker told me they just took this ship out for renovation. We went on a 5 night one since it was our first cruise. The service was excellent and the food was average. At the time I was 29 and my hubby was 34 and there didn't seem to be a lot of people our age. Plenty of people my parents age and then 18-24 year olds. I did not notice a lot of kids so not sure about those. The boat was very tired looking and that was disappointing. It rained 2 out of the 5 days and RCL did not seemed prepared for this. Not a lot to do. If I ever did a RCL it would be for 7 days on one of the Mega Ships. My parents went on one and loved it. not so sure I would ever recommend RCL for a shorter cruise. They use their older boats and I felt sort of like I was on the 2nd class ship. HTH

PURTYPAT1
06-14-2004, 02:40 PM
THANKS KER-BEAR , I LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT OTHER CRUISES.

ARE YOU & YOUR HUSBAND PLANNING A DISNEY CRUISE IN THE FUTURE?

FYI YOU CAN BUY THE TOWELS ON EBAY.

LAST WEEK, ON EBAY, I T BOUGHT 2 DISNEY CRUISE TOWELS, DCL BOOK PLANER, DCL BIG BEACH BAG, DCL PHOTO ALBUM & UNDER WATER CAMERA FOR 50.00

GAVE IT TO MY DAUGHTER FOR HER 10TH B-DAY LAST WEEK. SHE WAS THRILLED.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FAITH FULLY TRAVELED TO DISNEY FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS:

WDW 1994 THRU 2004

"FUTURE" DISNEY TRIPS:

DCL 11/04/04

WDW 02/19/05 :wave: