PDA

View Full Version : What is a water trampoline?

coleland
06-13-2004, 01:26 AM
I have seen posts about this when in port kids plan on the water trampolines... can someone describe it in detail to me please?

traycie2201
06-13-2004, 04:57 AM
If you look at the paradise beach in cozumel site you 'll see pictures, it's basically a trampoline in the water great for jumping off and bouncing fun

GrumpyMom1
06-13-2004, 09:36 AM
Here's one in St. Maarten at the beach right across from the ship -Water trampoline (http://www.members.cox.net/disneyfreaks/4-%20St%20Maarten/slides/2_a028_24a.html)

TheWog
06-13-2004, 09:38 AM
The kids love them, they are a lot of fun. The one in St. Maarten also has a slide. They are $5 per person or you can negotiate it into the price for chairs and jet ski rental as we did.

christinou
06-15-2004, 02:21 PM
They are a lot of fun for both kids and adults, one of my kids favorite memory of the cruise is me flipping in the water backwards as I lost my balance on the trampoline, it was really funny.

bassoongirl
06-15-2004, 04:43 PM
Hi Christine!

I was there and I remember that!! The water trampoline was a lot of fun! We had a great time at the beach with you in St. Maarten! I hope you are having a nice summer so far.

Here are some pictures of the water trampoline from our trip to Great Bay Beach in St. Maarten.

http://community.webshots.com/user/bassoongirl

Gayl

KyCruisinSusan
06-17-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by bassoongirl
Hi Christine!

Here are some pictures of the water trampoline from our trip to Great Bay Beach in St. Maarten.

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/controlPanel.fcgi

Gayl

That link doesnt work

TheWog
06-17-2004, 11:33 AM
http://www.webshots.com/search?query=orient+beach&start=84

try this one - it looks like Orient Beach but the trampoline is the same style as Great Bay.

spoon2003
06-17-2004, 12:38 PM
Some more questions regarding water trampoline:

How far out from land and how deep is the water surrounding the trampoline?

Do you swim out or can you walk out to it?

Can non swimmer or young kids (DS6) safely use? life jacket required?

Do you rent one per family or does multiple families share one?

How much should I expect to pay along with chair and jet ski?

Thanks

Sue

TheWog
06-17-2004, 01:03 PM
Spoon -

The water trampoline was very close to shore (this is Great Bay I am speaking of), but the water depth dropped off very quickly. The trampoline was probably about 20 feet from shore, but dropped to over my head (6 feet) at about the same spot. I could walk out to it, until the drop off. This way you could slide into the water and not hit bottom. I had to stay with my DS6, who is not a strong solo swimmer. They usually charge $5.00 per wrist band (that shows you paid to use).

The jet skis were $40.00/half hour
2 chairs with umbrella - $10.00 (included one free drink, but they would continue to ask if you would like another and would bring them out to you for the cost.)
Trampoline $5.00 per person (not sure if it is kids only)

I bargained with the guy and got the chairs, jet ski and umbrella for $45.00. Thought it was a good deal.

Not sure what you mean by rent one per family - if it is jet ski, I could have come in and let my DW use it if I wanted to, but she didn't want to do that. So DS6 and I used it for the whole time. It was so much fun. There is also a shipwreck out on the rocks to the right of the bay as you are looking out from shore. We went over and checked that out. They don't let you go near the ships, but we did see some people on the regatta excursions and stuff. It was a lot of fun.

Pooh_Friend#1
06-17-2004, 01:29 PM
I had so much fun on the water trampoline in Cozumel. It was a pretty long swim but you can take the tube out there to help you out. For not so strong swimmers I think it would be good to have a life jacket, because when you jump off it is deep. It gets a little tiring swimming out there and pulling yourself up to jump but well worth it. When we were there, the morning was busy with jumpers and some of the trampoline was broken so not many people could jump. Be careful of drunk adults trying to take up the trampoline.

bassoongirl
06-17-2004, 07:31 PM
I am sorry that I didn't have the correct link to my pictures of Great Bay Beach. I think I have fixed it now! Please let me know if you still can't view the photos.

Gayl

TheWog
06-18-2004, 08:55 AM
I am sorry that I didn't have the correct link to my pictures of Great Bay Beach. I think I have fixed it now! Please let me know if you still can't view the photos.

Gayl

tells you you must be logged in, we are not the owner of this album.

bassoongirl
06-18-2004, 05:20 PM
Okay! I really did fix the link to my photos of Great Bay Beach this time!

Gayl

Karel
06-18-2004, 05:36 PM
We have one at our lake. If you don't have a strong swimmer, I suggest a life jacket. Everyone at our lake has to wear one. You jump in and immediately 'bob' to the surface.

Also, I don't know how they would do it in a public place but at our lake only six people are allowed on it at one time. It is really really hard to walk on and there's lots of pushing and falling and holding on to each other. There's a slide off of it and a ladder to climb up. Ours swings a lot in the water and it would be easy to get hit by it if you weren't paying attention.

TheWog
06-21-2004, 10:31 AM
Hi Christine!

I was there and I remember that!! The water trampoline was a lot of fun! We had a great time at the beach with you in St. Maarten! I hope you are having a nice summer so far.

http://community.webshots.com/user/bassoongirl

Gayl

Great pictures. Love being reminded of our cruise.