PDA

View Full Version : what size carry on for cruise?

jordgubben
06-12-2004, 08:22 PM
We took a Carnival Cruise last year and the size carryon that we were allowed was basically a small backpack.

What size carry on do you normally take onto your disney crusie (especially since you're basically supposed to have your dinner clothes and swimsuit)??

invaderzim
06-12-2004, 09:17 PM
We each take a carry on -- the same ones we took on the plane because they usually have our medicines and swimsuits. We don't worry about dinner clothes because we've never gotten our luggage later than 5 p.m.

Our carry-ons range from large backpacks to small luggage with wheels and totes.

Zandy595
06-12-2004, 10:23 PM
If you get on the ship early, don't forget you'll have to carry your stuff around until they let you in your cabin. I wouldn't make the bags too heavy.

I didn't pack dinner clothes in my carry on for our last cruise and I don't plan to do it on the next one either. They would be a mess and I hate to iron. I'm not too worried about not getting them in time. If I don't get them in time and have to wear shorts to dinner I'm sure I won't be the first.

ivanova
06-12-2004, 11:15 PM
your carryon size cannot exceed airplane limits (I think it's 22 x 14 x 8) ... because DCL uses airport scanners for the carryon luggage, so your carryon has to be able to fit through the scanner.